We’d like to thank the Academy…
In recent weeks this humble blog has been honored by not one, but two Liebster Awards, meant to call attention to blogs that haven't yet built a critical mass of readers but nonetheless produce compelling, original content all the damn time. At least, that's how I understand the award, given CSW's prolific gaming/blogging schedule and our general enthusiasm for tabletop hobby games.
A key stipulation for new award recipients, though, is to pass along the Liebster Award to a few additional blogs that really ought to be read by more people. After polling the CSW player base, we assembled this list of worthy, yet criminally under-read, blogs.
- Warhammer For Adults -- Beginning with the tag line "Remember when Warhammer was a game and not a marketing tool?," WFA is focused on retro gaming and a bittersweet appreciation for the simpler era of the hobby. That fits really well with CSW's overall game philosophy, so we're happy to bestow a Liebster on WFA.
- Super Galactic Dreadnought -- With a name like that, it's got to be over the top. And it is! Desert Scribe shares his love for epic spaceship gaming on Super Galactic Dreadnought. Great painted miniatures, fantastic photos. If you've ever thought about spaceship gaming, just take a stroll through his site. Your imagination will catch fire!
- Mattblackgod's World -- Gonzo hobby gamer Mattblackgod is (mostly) focused on just one genre: post-apocalyptic sci-fi. He's an absolutely prolific modeler and painter, and most of his stuff appears in photo galleries on his site (and his old site). He also moderates the Post-Apoc Wargames forum, which is a real treasure trove of inspiration and discussion about all things post-apoc.
- Old School Miniatures Bulletin -- Here at CSW, we love old, vintage miniatures from the early days of fantasy gaming. Those old sculpts may be a bit lumpy, but they've got loads of character. Our friends at Old School Miniatures Bulletin agree with us, and it's always a treat to see what treasures they've dredged up from back when our hobby was young.
- Modern Appendix N -- Using Gygax's fabled Appendix N from the AD&D Dungeon Master's Guide (which sets out various books, movies and art to help inspire DMs), the author has applied that mentality to the modern era. He offers up regular posts about contemporary fiction, miniatures, comics, etc.
Give 'em a look -- you won't be disappointed!