Cheap Tanks for Weird Wars

Learn how to do stuff!
Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:15 am

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

As I dip my toes into the Weird War waters of Konflikt '47 I'm coming to appreciate the incredible latitude that "weird" allows the budget gamer. As has been seen in our recent Konflikt '47 battle reports, there's a huge range of miniatures that are suitable. From genre-specific Weird World War 2 (WWW2) lines like Dust, Secrets of the Third Reich, and Konflikt/Clockwork Goblin to historically-influenced sci-fi lines like AT-43, Wargames Factory Shock Troopers and Dreamforge Eisernkern, and of course the incredibly deep ranges of historical WW2 figures from companies like Black Tree Design (Harlequin), Artizan, Foundry, TAG, and many, ...

timlillig
Huemaster

Re: Cheap Tanks for Weird Wars

Postby timlillig » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:34 am

It is always fun to see toy conversions. Unfortunately for the Soviet player like myself, there is not as much available without getting into lend lease items. Since I'm really more interested in weird cold war, I find that a little less fun.

I have occasionally seen toys that resembles more modern Chinese tanks and I have a knock off transformer that is somewhere between a MiG and a tomcat when in its plane form. I'll have to dig that out some time.
-Tim

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:08 am

Thanks!

Have you had a look on Ali Express? There's a fair quanitity of Chinese/Soviet military toys there including some pretty cool vintage style Soviet trucks in 1/43. They aren't quite as cheap as Tim Mee, but they seem to be of better quality than Tim Mee and less than half the price of comparable plastic kits. Ali is sometimes hard to search but tthe terms "Alloy tank" or "military 1:43" are good places to start.

Takes a few weeks for stuff to arrive, but I've had good experiences over all with Ali and when there was a mistake (has happened twice) they simply refunded my $ and told me to keep the broken/wrong item.

I'm planning a blog post soon about some of the wargame-useable items that I've picked up there.

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:13 pm

Hi Karl,
Very nice article. It was inspirational for looking at cheap plastic toys as low cost substitutions.
Michael

Return to “Tutorials”