Shadespire demo at Tabletop Minions Expo 2018

Here is where you will find our bat-reps, complete with photos!
timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:22 pm

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Our friends at the South East Wisconsin Battle Badgers put on demos of Shadespire at TMX this year. Josh and I got to play in a four player game with two others who had never tried it. Josh chose the heavily armored chaos forces of Magore’s Fiends. I was using the skaven warband, Spiteclaw's Swarm. The others were using Orcs called Ironskull’s Boyz and unarmored chaos guys- Garrek’s Reavers. The boards and decks were pre-set, so we were ready to play immediately. In the first turn, everyone more or less rushed into battle. Garrek’s Reavers got the first strike, injuring one ...

gattz
Final Highlights

Postby gattz » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:31 pm

Thanks for the writeup! I really wanted to try a demo of this but got held up at the event.
I was afraid about it's simplicity limiting it, which is mentioned in a lot of reviews, but it's popularity is high and the models are nice with a relatively low buy-in.
Probably a skip for me right now, as it appears to be more of a full minis game teaser...after all, why not just actually play small scale AoS skirmish?
I am curious what AoS 2.0 and the General's Handbook will bring about for the game. The use of models for spellcasting is intriguing.

timlillig
Huemaster

Re: Shadespire demo at Tabletop Minions Expo 2018

Postby timlillig » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:44 pm

I'm interested to see what the new Age of Sigmar is like too. I have not really gotten around to trying the first edition, but I still want to try the game. From what I can tell, the edition change it is mostly tweaks.

I'm intrigued by the spell effect models too. I usually like that sort of gimmick and might pick them up for fun.
-Tim

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:15 pm

Nice report.
I was speaking to Pat the other day and his group plays this occasionally, but they seem to use it as filler when they're not up for a full game of 40k 8th.

timlillig
Huemaster

Re: Shadespire demo at Tabletop Minions Expo 2018

Postby timlillig » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:30 pm

It is definitely quicker to set up than a game of 40k and probably does not take as long to play.
-Tim

Return to “After Action Battle Reports”