AAR/Impressions- Marvel Crisis Protocol

Here is where you will find our bat-reps, complete with photos!
jlopatin
Karled

AAR/Impressions- Marvel Crisis Protocol

Postby jlopatin » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:36 am

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Last night, I joined a group of regulars at Oak Lawn Comics for their inaugural weekly Marvel Crisis Protocol night. The game is usually played on a 3x3 board, so we set up a sprawling abandoned military installation on a 6x4 table, and played 2 separate games on each half. Brian and I played the "starter scenario" from the rule-book. This scenario defines the opposing forces, and objectives, but in a normal game, it is all selected dynamically. Each player brings 10 models with them. 2 Crisis (objective) cards are selected, and based on these, the threat level or points value ...

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Re: AAR/Impressions- Marvel Crisis Protocol

Postby Michael S. » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:55 pm

Hi Josh,
It looks like a fun game; I would like to give it a try sometime. I also would like to try out Power Legion if anyone is interested. I have the game, but have not played it yet. I would also like to say I am interested in some good old SBH, One Page 40K, and Pulp Alley.
Thanks,
Michael

jlopatin
Karled

Postby jlopatin » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:03 am

Hi Michael! I have now played a few games of Marvel Crisis Protocol, and I really enjoy it. It's not too complicated. The toughest bit to wrap my head around was that although it is a 3d game, all line of sight is essentially 2d.

I've also picked up a few more of the minis, including Hulk and Black Panther. The slightly larger size of the minis make them really fun to paint!

I've been travelling a lot for work lately, but when I am available (probably in February!), lets get a game in!
- Josh

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:46 pm

Hi Josh sounds good to me let me know when you may be free this month. Michael

Return to “After Action Battle Reports”