AAR- Trying Grimdark Future With New Minis, Table and Terrain

Here is where you will find our bat-reps, complete with photos!
Eilif
Toybasher

AAR- Trying Grimdark Future With New Minis, Table and Terrain

Postby Eilif » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:00 am

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

I am continuing my campaign to indoctrinate my children into wargaming I introduced my son to Grimdark Future last month shortly before our trip to TMX. The Tau miniatures (his new obsession), terrain, mat and table topper were all acquired from Josh recently. I've never tried to put together a 40k-style ruined city, but suddenly I've got almost a complete example of this ubiquitous terrain setup! Though this was my first try using the Grimdark Future ruleset, I do recall trying it's predecessor "One Page 40k" some years back. Play seems relatively similar.  Fast and fun. My Blood Angels. Most of these are ...

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Re: AAR- Trying Grimdark Future With New Minis, Table and Terrain

Postby Michael S. » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:10 pm

Hello Karl,
Your children are lucky to have a dad who is into gaming with them with games they like. The Grimdark Future review was great. The game pieces you got from Josh look fantastic! It is a shame that he decided to get out of the hobby. I see you have the large G.W. Space Marine base which is a cool miniature. Also the large spaceship looks great too! If you want to play Grimdark sometime I would be up for a game. I like the One Page 40K rules, I will have to check and see how much they were changed.
Michael

Eilif
Toybasher

Re: AAR- Trying Grimdark Future With New Minis, Table and Terrain

Postby Eilif » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:00 am

Thanks Mike,
As far as I know, the rules didn't change much, just allot of tweaking around the edges following allot of user feedback. They seem to have a super active community of folks play testing.
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

Return to “After Action Battle Reports”