Game Night 11/29/21 Please RSVP!

Anything gaming related is fair game.
ClarkBelmont
Primed

Re: Post-Covid Kings of War?

Postby ClarkBelmont » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:26 am

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

JR, I’d be interested in a game in late August, but I’ll only have 1000 (maybe 1500) points ready. Another project distracted me for a while, but I’m back to working on Kings of War.

Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Postby Jackswift » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:10 pm

Clark, sounds good. I should be able to do anywhere between 1000 and 1500 pts. I still need to finish painting on four units myself, at least a couple even for a lower pt game army core. Let's plan for late Aug. I'll look at my calendar and propose some dates, then we can figure out venue.

Hopefully Karl, Tim, and anyone else interested see this and can join as well.
Cheers,

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:26 am

Hey Guys,
Will post details in the "all is well" thread, but suffice to say I still haven't moved and with everything packed up I'm in no position for gaming. I'm really hoping to close and move in the next week or two. Perhaps by the end of September or early october I'd be up for a game.

One positive of packing everything up is that I was reminded of just how much great terrain I have! Would be great to get that back on the table again.
-Karl

Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Postby Jackswift » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:31 am

Good Morning Gentlemen,

Karl, sorry to hear about your moving delays. I hope you are closer to completing your move now. It can be frustrating to be in such a transitional state. I likewise would like to get back to some semi regular gaming at some point soon.

Clark, I owe you an apology for my absence and lack of responses. I've had some health issues that delayed most activities for a significant portion of the summer. Seem to be coming out of it now, and would be up for a small game somewhere in early October. My painting plans for units have not progressed as I had hoped they would, so I'm in the 1K - 1500 pt range and definitely not up to a full pt painted roster without some unpainted models, or proxies of things not actually what they represent.

Late October is booked for me, so after that it's November onward. As for venue, I am not certain what everyone is comfortable with. I believe there are a few game store locations such as the dice dojo that have gaming space on certain nights. Alternately, I could set up a table, or table and tent in my backyard, though going much later in the season, it may become too cold for that.

Thoughts?

JR

ClarkBelmont
Primed

Postby ClarkBelmont » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:06 am

JR, I’m sorry to hear about your health issues. I hope things continue to improve for you. I’ve drummed up a little interest in Kings of War with some friends from other gaming groups, but I still have not played it. My painting has wandered back to other games, so I’m still sitting at 1000-1250 points of painted Kings of War models. I have no problem with unpainted or proxy models, though. I can put some unpainted models on bases, if you prefer a larger game.

I’ve been playing a few games at the Dojo and Games Plus. I think you can reserve a table at both places or just show up and hope there’s a free table. As for early October, I’m currently free on the 4th, 7th, 8th, 11th, 12th, 14th, and 15th. If those don’t work for you, I should have more availability in November.

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:57 pm

Hey guys,
Time to check in I think. We finally moved into the new house a couple weeks ago. Still got a ton of organizing, and such to do, but I think I'll be up for hosting fellow vaccinated gamers on a weekday evening in early November, possibly earlier depending on how the next couple weeks go.

Gaming elsewhere is a possibility, but weekdays are packed and contain enough driving that I'd rather host if possible. The good news is that I'm now located in the incredibly peaceful (excepting some airplane flyovers) Garfield Ridge neighborhood: easily accessible from I-55, and on a block with loads of open street parking.

Jon,
Great to hear from you! Sorry to hear about your health issues but glad you're on the mend. Would be really great to see you again.

Clark,
Sorry everything keeps getting delayed. If you can make it out to game, I'm happy to play small points or to lend you some painted figures to bulk up your army for the evening.

Anyway, have hope folks, gaming may be on the horizon.

Karl
-Karl

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:46 pm

Got a basement leak but I'm still hoping to host a KoW night in mid November.
I was starting to organize my terrain on shelves in the garage and I found some good stuff I'd forgotten about.

Get painting folks!
-Karl

Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Postby Jackswift » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:42 pm

Gentlemen,

Glad to hear your move went successfully, Karl.

October has been slammed thus far, with no time for anything extra curricular. It sounds like a November game is a better possibility for everyone at this point. I will reach out start of November to discuss a potential game, schedule location, other details, etc.

Cheers,
Jon

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:38 pm

Hi all,
I look forward to the chance of Nov. game. I can also host if people want to drive out to Bolingbrook. I just did a family game of Pulp Alley a couple of weeks ago. Let me know if anyone plays this. Thanks.
Michael

Eilif
Toybasher

Re: Post-Covid Kings of War? UPDATE: Availabilities?

Postby Eilif » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:54 pm

OK guys,
The waterproofing guys have come and gone and while not everything is unpacked, there's enough space clear and clean to game comfortably in the basement.

To that end, I'd like to start planning. My currently available days are mostly Mondays and alternating Thursdays. I'd like to keep it to vaccinated folks for now. If we're all vaccinated, I'm comfortable going maskless and moderately distanced. What do you folks think?

As for dates...
Please let me know if Monday November 22nd and/or Thursday November 25th would work for you.
Also, looking ahead it would be helpful to know if Mondays and/or Thursdays are generally good for your schedule.

Time would be starting around 6 and going until 9 at my home in 60638. My plan is to play Kings of War. Dragon Rampant is also an option. I can setup a second table if necessary. As always if someone is short minis, I have minis to share.

If this works, I'd like to start scheduling a regular monthly wargaming night.
-Karl

Return to “Let's talk about games!”