Mordheim summer campaign discussion.

Anything gaming related is fair game.
Mattias!
Lord of the Wyrdwold

Re: Mordheim summer campaign discussion.

Postby Mattias! » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:27 pm

JamesWrecks wrote:Don't know if you guys know about this:

https://mordheimer.net/docs/intro
I think it's all the rules for free.

That's a nice resource! Thanks! A lot more navigable than the rules PDF. Also appears to have similar info to Broheim regarding supplements and such.

Eilif wrote:OK folks,
It's almost April, and I want everyone to have plenty of lead time to paint and prepare so we should start to nail down our Mordheim campaign. I have 2 proposals.

-I propose a June start date.

-I propose also that for those who wish to do so, we play Mordheim on both gaming nights of each month and wrap the campaign up at the end of August after 6 sessions. Campaigns seem to whither after 6 sessions anyway and I'd rather be excited and intense about a campaign for a few months than drag it on. If someone wants to take a break from the campaign and play something else for a week that's fine too.

I'd like to turn the discussion over to those more experienced to provide suggestions on which Mordheim for suggestions on which rules to use, which warbands to allow, scenarios, etc.

Sounds great to me! W/r/t rules, I think the originals are still pretty much standard for Mordheim (unlike Necromunda where there are a lot of different fan versions.) The link James posted seems to have them in their entirety; I also have a PDF copy I can share around.

W/r/t warbands, Tiers 1a-1b seem to be either from official supplements or from issues of Fanatic Magazine, so I'd be fine with any of those. 1c are not official, but come from authors of official materials, so seems fine also. These look like they cover nearly everything one might want to play, but I'm also fine if someone really wants to play something from further down the list. I also think we can be pretty permissive on "counts-as" miniatures.

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:10 pm

Looked through the the list a bit. Will probably be going with a 1B Norse warband. I've got all the figures for it already in my Chaos army, including some I haven't used in a while. Excellent!
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:15 am

Hi all,
I will be running my Cult of the Possessed warband for our upcoming Mordheim Campaign. For the lore behind my warband they are from my Slaanesh army, the Debauched Ones, led by Samira. Samira has sent Ishtar, one of her sorceresses (counts as the Magister), to lead a small warband into Mordheim for acquiring Warpstone.
Michael

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:39 pm

Sounds good Michael. Pretty cool that your warband will have fluff links to our previous campaign while still being fully in the Mordheim setting.

Started reading the Mordheim rulebook again. Really cool stuff. I like the background alot.

It looks to have a few nice rules refinements on the Necromunda rules that I'm familiar with. This should be a fairly straightforward game to learn, especially for those with any familiarity with GW mechanics.
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

Mattias!
Lord of the Wyrdwold

Postby Mattias! » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:12 pm

I'm still up in the air between Cult of the Possessed, Marienburg Mercenaries, or Undead.

I have all the models to represent the mercs, I would just need to paint a few.

I have the models I would use for Cult of Possessed. I would just need to do a bit of sclulpting.

For undead, I have models to represent everything except for dire wolves.

I'm slightly more excited about the Possessed, but if Mike's already planning on doing them maybe that will tip me another direction...especially because that's a very difficult warband to build, even more so for a short campaign (mutations are EXPENSIVE).

Does anyone have any dire wolf models they would be willing to let go of for sale or trade?

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:43 pm

Hi Karl,
I also really like the background of Mordheim. I was fascinated with the game when White Dwarf first started publishing articles about the new game back in 1999. It was the first game I knew that allowed small warbands in a fantasy setting. These allowed me to get into the game without months / years of painting up an army. Now as we know there are a ton of skirmish fantasy games. The ‘newspaper’ The Town Cryer provided great background information as well as stories that took place in the city. I also have some of the comic books about the notorious rogues Marquand Volker and Ulli Leitpold which are set in Mordheim.

As you wrote I think that Mordheim rules are a refinement of Necromunda rules. One of the main things I like in Mordheim over Necromunda is that the warbands in Mordheim have a lot more individual character than the gangs in Necromunda.

Hi Mattias,
If you really want to play the Cult of the Possessed let me know. I can pick one of my other warbands to play in the campaign. Unfortunately I do not have any dire wolf models.
Michael

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:12 pm

I'm thinking I will play either Skaven or Lizardmen.

I probably have at least some models painted up for either of those, although I'm not sure I have everything. i'll have to check.

Mattias- i'm sure I have a wolf somewhere. i'll take a look this weekend.
-Tim

Mattias!
Lord of the Wyrdwold

Postby Mattias! » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:24 am

Mattias! wrote:Hi Mattias,
If you really want to play the Cult of the Possessed let me know. I can pick one of my other warbands to play in the campaign.

Not at all! No reason we can't have two possessed warbands if I feel really stuck on the idea.

timlillig wrote:Mattias- i'm sure I have a wolf somewhere. i'll take a look this weekend.

Thanks Tim! I would actually need two if you happen to have them. If not, no worries.

JamesWrecks
Basecoated

Postby JamesWrecks » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:12 am

I got 2+ wolves. Both dire wolves and normal ones.

Mattias!
Lord of the Wyrdwold

Postby Mattias! » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:41 pm

JamesWrecks wrote:I got 2+ wolves. Both dire wolves and normal ones.

Thanks for looking! I think after all I'm going to keep it simple and eliminate undead from the running, so I don't think I'll take you up. I'll either go possessed or mercenaries, depending on which ends up being more fun to paint.

Return to “Let's talk about games!”