Scratchbuilt Modular Sci-Fi Roads from Pig Iron

Anything gaming related is fair game.
PatrickWR
Blogmaster Emeritus

Scratchbuilt Modular Sci-Fi Roads from Pig Iron

Postby PatrickWR » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:32 am

Hey guys, you all know I love everything put out by Pig Iron Productions. The owner/sculptor guy, Simon, is also a master scratchbuilder, and he put up a gallery of pics on Facebook showing his latest creation: a collection of scratchbuilt gritty sci-fi roads, perfect for 40k or Necromunda or pretty much any futuristic game. They are part of his personal collection and he goes into detail about how he made them. Check it out!

https://www.facebook.com/pigironproduct ... 2175713595

I'm pretty sure you can see the gallery even if you're not logged into Facebook.

Eilif
Toybasher

Re: Scratchbuilt Modular Sci-Fi Roads from Pig Iron

Postby Eilif » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:51 pm

Those look really good. I've been kicking about various ideas in my head for enhancing my roads which are just roof tiles with no curbs or sidewalks. So far I've come up with either making sidewalk sections or making whole block sections with sidewalks and a place for buildings to be placed. Either one would probably be based on self adhesive floor tiles.
-Karl

xnickbaranx
Game Designer

Re: Scratchbuilt Modular Sci-Fi Roads from Pig Iron

Postby xnickbaranx » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:51 am

I made movement trays for all of my city scenery so I could make city blocks.

The end result looks something like this, though with the matts available now, it'd be much easier than storing my grey table sections. Haha.

Broken Contract Design Blog:

Return to “Let's talk about games!”