Greenfire's Winter Games Day Was a Huge Success!

Anything gaming related is fair game.
jlopatin
Karled

Postby jlopatin » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:19 am

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Saturday, we held our winter game demo event at Greenfire Games. Even though we had a few cancellations, the event was a huge success, with as many as 60 people in the store at one time to demo games, and check out all the cool terrain and minis. This slideshow requires JavaScript. Karl and Tim ran Mech Attack in 28mm on a 6 foot by 7 foot board! Demos of Mercs, Dark Age, and Infinity were very popular. Chris and Brian from Anvil Eight Games were on site to demo their hybrid mini skirmish/board game, Aetherium, and their fun party card game, Frontline No ...

PatrickWR
Blogmaster Emeritus

Postby PatrickWR » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:59 am

Looks great guys! Hexplore It in particular looks intriguing...

timlillig
Huemaster

Re: Greenfire's Winter Games Day Was a Huge Success!

Postby timlillig » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:13 am

Thanks for the write up, Josh.

Hexplore it is a pretty fun game. It is a bit less complicated than some other exploring a map and going on adventures type fantasy board games, but still fun and a satisfying adventure overall. I'm sure there is more to it than I saw in the basic demo.

If anyone wants to try out the Mech Attack game or see it in person, Karl an I will be running it the Saturday morning of Adepticon.
-Tim

jlopatin
Karled

Re: Greenfire's Winter Games Day Was a Huge Success!

Postby jlopatin » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:10 pm

I also found Hexplore IT quite fun. I played a full game again last night. For a game that has yet to be kickstarted, it is VERY well realized. The materials for the prototype are top notch, and the rules feel well balanced. I love that all the cards are ready for dry erase markers, and that the game comes with the markers!

During last night's game, I ran it for a while, including the penultimate battle against the Dead King. It is a very simple game to play and teach. I'll pick it up for sure on Monday when the kickstarter goes live.
- Josh

Return to “Let's talk about games!”