Is CSW Planning a Summer Campaign? Wreck Age?

Anything gaming related is fair game.
Mattias!
Lord of the Wyrdwold

Is CSW Planning a Summer Campaign? Wreck Age?

Postby Mattias! » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:40 am

If so, count me in. I'll be back in the city for keeps at the end of May. Can't wait to see you guys and roll some bones.

timlillig
Huemaster

Re: Is CSW Planning a Summer Campaign?

Postby timlillig » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:10 pm

Wow, that's great. I'm looking forward to seeing you.

We have talked a bit about a campaign, I'm sure we'll line up something fun.
-Tim

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:01 pm

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Your terrain (especially those lovely post-apoc buildings and rocks :mrgreen: ) will be here to welcome you.

Nothing official for the campaign quite yet, but at the rate we're going, I think if it happens, the proposed wreck age campaign would end up starting in the summer.
-Karl

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:38 pm

Hi all,
Just a thought. Whatever game forms the potential summer campaign could we make it a map based campaign? I know we have a map for SBH, but I was thinking of other games. I was always interested in various campaigns listed in White Dwarf magazine. The ones I looked at would have a planet / world / area mapped out. Players would play a game against each other and the winner would take the square / hex or whatever was used. By using the maps you could create your own kingdom. I would be interested in helping to create a map. You could than come back to the world you have created even when the set campaign was over. Let me know what you think.
Michael

jlopatin
Karled

Postby jlopatin » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:03 pm

There will be a map for the wreck age campaign.

It is of Chicago and the surrounding area.
- Josh

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:53 pm

Really looking forward to the WreckAge campaign.

As for earlier campaings if you look in the campaign tab the middle three campaigns all take in the same world for which there are a few . for which there are a couple of tabs. It wasn't focused on actually conquring territory, but the locations on the map gave us a narrative structure and suggested what terrain to use. We built the original world after playing "Dawn of Worlds"...
http://www.clanwebsite.org/games/games.html
...a colaborative world-building game/activity.

The world we produced, Qaarra actually ended up as one if the locations in the rulebook for Advanced Song of Blades and Heroes.
-Karl

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:02 pm

I participated in a Hordes if the Things campaign at Games Plus that used a Diplomacy style map. I think that's the sort of thing that Michael is talking about.

The problem I ran into there was that it limits who you can play against. If you want to invade my territory, you have to play against me. So, there were twenty-four players in the campaign, but I mostly played against the same two or three guys. there were another two or three that I had a game or two with. I never even met most of the other players. So it sometimes felt like a repetitive slog more than a fun campaign. I'm not opposed to playing a campaign of this type, I just think it has some challenges that would be confronted by whoever wants to organize such a thing.
-Tim

Eilif
Toybasher

Re: Is CSW Planning a Summer Campaign? Wreck Age?

Postby Eilif » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:46 am

Hey Guys,
What's the prospectus for a summer campaign? Are we still doing Wreck Age?

I've been stuck in Runewars mode and haven't painted my Wreck Age figs yet, but I can get them done quick.
-Karl

jlopatin
Karled

Postby jlopatin » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:31 am

I think I need to make it a fall Wreck-Age campaign, as I don't have the time right now to finish the planning phase of the campaign. sorry for the delay, but we do have lots of other games we've been meaning to play, so now's a great time!
- Josh

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:13 pm

Sounds good to me. Will give me a chance to get the next 50 Runewars figs done...
-Karl

Return to “Let's talk about games!”