Shadow War Armageddon?

Anything gaming related is fair game.
Eilif
Toybasher

Re: Shadow War Armageddon?

Postby Eilif » Sat May 06, 2017 7:40 am

Pre-ordered the book and a box of Genestealer hybrid neophytes.

Looking forward to playing this and already looking at my lead pile where it looks like I've also got the makings of IG, Squat (as IG), Marine, ork, eldar and Inquisition warbands.
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

Fiveangels
Basecoated

Postby Fiveangels » Sat May 06, 2017 9:35 am

I think this system is going to bring a lot of old lead (and pewter) to the table. I'm looking forward to the old pieces coming out.
Blade Runner fanatic

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon May 08, 2017 11:03 am

Just got my shipping notice that the rulebook is on the way. I'll probably do a brief blog about it when it arrives.
-Karl

atomsmasher
Tabletop Minion

Postby atomsmasher » Mon May 08, 2017 1:17 pm

I've been enjoying this game quite a bit. I got one of the boxes from my local shop. The terrain is nice, too.
Tabletop Minions - A YouTube channel about tabletop wargaming and the miniatures hobby, mostly.

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon May 08, 2017 4:10 pm

atomsmasher wrote:I've been enjoying this game quite a bit. I got one of the boxes from my local shop. The terrain is nice, too.

Cool!

If you've got the time, we'd love to hear your impressions of the rules. Have you had a chance to try the campaign system? How balanced are the factions you've tried?
-Karl

gattz
Final Highlights

Postby gattz » Mon May 08, 2017 5:19 pm

Definitely going to pick the book up. I've seen some of the army lists on a free pdf, which allow for pretty much any 40k faction to be played, which is fantastic. I might actually have found a reason to paint up those Harlequins. :D Can someone who has the rulebook tell me, are the old Necromunda gangs usable? That would be interesting to integrate them in somehow.

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Wed May 10, 2017 7:12 am

gattz wrote:Definitely going to pick the book up. I've seen some of the army lists on a free pdf, which allow for pretty much any 40k faction to be played, which is fantastic. I might actually have found a reason to paint up those Harlequins. :D Can someone who has the rulebook tell me, are the old Necromunda gangs usable? That would be interesting to integrate them in somehow.

I don't have my book yet (should arrive today!) However, from what I've read online you could drop the old necromunda gangs right into the game, but they'd be outmatched and I don't know if the points would line up quite right. However, the option is there to run them via one of the basic trooper-like factions. I think that Genestealer, IG, and Chaos cultists might be good options for useable statlines.

Even if combining them doesn't work well, I'm quite sure that Shadow War won't make me want to play Necromunda any less. I have a feeling I'll be a fan of both.
-Karl

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon May 15, 2017 12:30 pm

Book and figs arrived today.

Been leafing through the book and it looks great! I'll probably do a brief blog post comparing it to Necromunda.

The Genstealer neophyte hybrids is dang impressive also. An incredible number of bits and alot of extra complete L and R arm sets that can be used to modify other figures. I still shudder a bit at having spent $4 each for line troopers, but in the context of a skirmish game it's much easier to swollow.
-Karl

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Mon May 15, 2017 4:02 pm

I picked up my copy today too. I have not even opened it yet to think about which faction or figures to use.
-Tim

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Mon May 15, 2017 6:34 pm

When I was at Games Plus, they mentioned that the Sunday Kill Team group is switching to Shadow War some time soon.
-Tim

Return to “Let's talk about games!”