Little Wars 2017

Anything gaming related is fair game.
timlillig
Huemaster

Little Wars 2017

Postby timlillig » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:35 pm

Who is Going to Little Wars this weekend?

I will be there on Saturday, giving Matt a hand with Wreck Age stuff and generally hanging out.

Flea market hours (and contact person) are listed as TBD on the web site, so I'm not sure its happening, but I'll definitely take a look if it is.
-Tim

jlopatin
Karled

Re: Little Wars 2017

Postby jlopatin » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:45 pm

I will also be there saturday also helping matt with wreck-age stuff and also hanging out.
- Josh

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:43 am

I won't be there, but info about flea markets was just posted on TMP.

We all have projects that for one reason or another we know we will not get around to completing. What to do with these projects is a question we all ask ourselves. Well the Little Wars Flea Market has got the answer. Bring those no longer needed miniatures, book, games etc. to the Little Wars Flea Market this Friday and Saturday (April 28th and 29th) at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, Lombard, IL.
Sessions
Friday
10:30 AM – 1:00 PM
6:30 PM – 8:30 PM

Saturday
8:00 AM – 10:30 AM (This Session is nearly sold out)
12:30 PM – 3:00 PM

Cost
$20.00 USD per table + Little Wars Registration Badge – see Little Wars Website for information
Tables can be reserved at the Registration Desk at least one hour prior to each session

Questions
Contact: stanops@msn.com – Through Wednesday 4-26, then Little Wars Registration Desk
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Tue May 02, 2017 2:29 pm

Running Wreck Age with Matt went very well. We play tested a scenario he is going to publish and got soem good feedback.

I also wandered around the flea market, but did not buy anything there.

Josh and I tried and bought Test of Honor, a samurai skirmish game. It is simple and moves quickly. It was pretty fun although a bit random. The box also comes with enough models, dice, and cards for two people to play a campaign

There were several nice hand made terrain items that caught my eye.
A Beneath the Planet of the Apes style game used model airplane parts to make a windmill and party poppers as some sort of barrels. We talked the the man who put on this game far a while about making terrain from various bits of junk.

This really colorful bazaar was at one end of what I would guess was a crusades game.
-Tim

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Tue May 02, 2017 5:56 pm

Cool pics. Model aiplane windmills is an awesome idea. Maybe a really big turbine could be made from model airplane wings?
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

Return to “Let's talk about games!”