organizing games for play (list thking?)

Anything gaming related is fair game.
timlillig
Huemaster

organizing games for play (list thking?)

Postby timlillig » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:18 pm

Jon and I briefly discussed that we would like to organize some forces for various games so we have a selection of games ready to play without much prep time for a given session. Would anyone want to participate in a list building night or some forum posts where we discuss a game and prepare some unit cards or army lists we can use to play several games?

Here are some games I have in mind-
Kings of War- 1000, 1500,etc point lists
Konflikt '47- 750, 1000,etc point lists
Mech Attack- have cards ready for various models
Full Thrust- have stats/cards for various ships
Song of Blades and Heroes- 300, 500,etc point lists
other games like War Engine, Wreck Age, Frostgrave, Bushido, In the Emperor's Name, maybe 40k, or Age of Sigmar?

Do you have any other games you would like to talk about? Any nominations for what to think out first?
-Tim

Eilif
Toybasher

Re: organizing games for play (list thking?)

Postby Eilif » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:14 pm

Good idea Tim,
Let me think about what I've got and have interest in and I'll get back to this.
-Karl

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:53 pm

Hey Guys,
I still haven't made a full list, but this has got me thinking about my gaming this year. As I'm trying to build a train layout for Howie, I'm realizing that I really don't have enough model building time for minis and railroading.

I still want to game with you guys but I think I'm going to officially stop building and painting wargame terrain and minis for at least the next 6 months after I finish the Adepticon spaceships and Mike's Sci-fi Terrain. I'm open to new games with figs I've got or using other folks figs in new games but if I'm going to finish it in a reasonable time then I've got to dedicate most of my hobby time to this layout.

Thus, having army lists ready to go would be a very good thing from my perspective.

Right now I'm pretty sure I've got printed out or in files that can be printed.

-Cards for virutally any size game of Mech Attack
-A wide range of SBH warbands at a various point levels
-Kings of War armies at a couple of points levels, (1250 and 1500 I think) though this is a really easy game to make new army lists for.
-Konflikt '47 I think my list is at 750.
-At least 2 different Necromunda gangs at the starting level. It'd be great to have a solid starting list for every gang I own and maybe we could agree on a list + a certain amount of upgrade points to make some nice armies for pick-up games.

I'd be up for getting together and just hanging out and writing up lists sometime.
-Karl

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:48 am

Hi Tim,
I already have some lists of forces for some of those games using my own figures. Are you saying that you want to develop lists that anyone in the group can pick up and play? Whose figures would they be using? That being said I would like to play Full Thrust, a game I bought years ago and never played. I am also interested in trying Age of Sigmar. I have the old Warhammer Fantasy rules in several additions. I am one of these players who didn’t like the destruction of the Old World that G.W. had worked on since the start of Warhammer. I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the new Age of Sigmar universe, but willing to give it a try. Thanks.
Michael

Detson
Basecoated

Postby Detson » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:29 am

Is anybody interested in playing a low-point 40k or AoS skirmish? I've got the "Storm of Sigmar" box set, which has both Stormcast Eternals and Khorne Bloodbound (not many of either, to be sure), as well as ~750 pts of AdMech if anybody's interested in a game.

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:51 pm

I would try 40k or age of sigmar. I havenot figured out how many points I have exactly, I only played with power levels.
-Tim

Detson
Basecoated

Postby Detson » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:55 pm

Cool beans, Tim :) Remind me, whereabouts are you located? I'm in the South Suburbs.

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:29 pm

I'm fairly far from you, on the northwest side.
-Tim

Detson
Basecoated

Postby Detson » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:17 am

timlillig wrote:I'm fairly far from you, on the northwest side.

:( Sorry to hear that. Maybe one of these days I'll be up that way and give you a nod :)

gattz
Final Highlights

Postby gattz » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:15 pm

Detson, what S Burb are you in? I commute from nwi to the burbs once in a while and it's not that bad.

Return to “Let's talk about games!”