Game Night 11/29/21 Please RSVP!

Anything gaming related is fair game.
Eilif
Toybasher

Re: Post-Covid Kings of War? UPDATE: Planning now!

Postby Eilif » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:26 pm

Also, I know lots of folks might not have finished off their armies. I'm not worried about that.

Fielding all group units as troops, splitting armies or some other means are all on the table. I do hope to keep it as much as possible to painted figures, but even that is negotiable.

Just want folks to experience our original goal for the club years ago which IIRC was something like:
A laid back group of good people having fun gaming with beautiful miniatures and terrain.
-Karl

Chivenger
Details and Drybrush

Postby Chivenger » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:03 pm

Good to hear things are picking back up. Dunno about Kings of War.
I just picked up a Car Wars Sixth Edition core set if anyone wants to give it a try another time. I just need to get some cars painted up.
Also have a Gaslands kit as the kitbash aesthetic is more in line with this group.

mpc2160
Wild Thing

Postby mpc2160 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:10 pm

I would love to play Kings of War but those two days don't work well. That's the end of my fiscal month at work and it'll be tight enough with Thanksgiving messing up my schedule enough as it is. I'd say the following week works way better for me. And Monday is better than Thursday too. I've got a ton of stuff painted over the past two years and will go into painting overdrive after our kitchen is finished in a few weeks and the windows are replaced next week.

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:14 pm

Monday that week is better for me, with Thursday being Thanksgiving and such. I like Lion Rampant better than Kings of War, but either works. if the following week works better, that's cool too.
-Tim

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:49 pm

It will surprise no one that I completely forgot about Thanksgiving!

Moving it to the next Monday when Mike is more available sounds fine. Could most folks make it on Monday the 29th?

Terrence, I could lend you a force to play Dragon Rampant against Tim. It's a smaller scope game than KoW. Alternatively you'd be welcome to stop in even if just to visit.
-Karl

jlopatin
Karled

Postby jlopatin » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:08 am

I'm not interested in playing, but might come by just to visit with friends. The Monday after Thanksgiving is probably fine for me.
- Josh

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:13 am

jlopatin wrote:I'm not interested in playing, but might come by just to visit with friends. The Monday after Thanksgiving is probably fine for me.

It would be great to have you come by!
-Karl

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:59 pm

Hi all,
I may be free for November 29th. I am normally off from work every other Monday, but I will have to check if the family is doing anything that day with the holiday weekend. I will let you know. I don’t have the rules for Kings of War. I may have a shortened version that was free online. I have a Warhammer chaos army that I can use as well as a small orcs force.

I am also open to playing Gaslands. Another game I do not have the rules for, sorry, but I have modified a number of Hot Wheels for the post-apocalyptic setting.

Michael

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:13 pm

Terrence, If you want to run Car Wars, i would try that.
-Tim

mpc2160
Wild Thing

Postby mpc2160 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:47 pm

The Monday after Thanksgiving should work for me too. I'm just up the road at UIC hospital so it should be pretty quick for me to get there. I can bring painted fantasy models for Kings of War but I don't think I have the rules.

Return to “Let's talk about games!”