Game night. Reschedule May 16th?

Anything gaming related is fair game.
Eilif
Toybasher

Game night. Reschedule May 16th?

Postby Eilif » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:35 pm

Possible Reschedule for this Monday the 16th. Who's avaialble?

Hey folks,
Looking forward to next game night. How does Monday May 9th work for folks?

Same as last time. 6:30 til 9:30.

As before I'm leaning towards Kings Of War, but I might be interested in planet 28 and of course folks are welcome to play whatever they wish.
-Karl

timlillig
Huemaster

Re: Game night. May 9th.

Postby timlillig » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:00 am

I'm available on the 9th.

I'm more interested in Planet 28 than Kings of War. Mech Attack would be good too.
-Tim

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:17 am

Hi Karl,
Unfortunately I will be on vacation from the 4th to the 11th so I will not be able to make it.
Michael

mpc2160
Wild Thing

Postby mpc2160 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:27 pm

I'm pretty sure I can make it on the 9th and would like to try Kings of War again. I think I have almost everything I'd need painted up from my Game of Thrones armies.

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:41 am

mpc2160 wrote:I'm pretty sure I can make it on the 9th and would like to try Kings of War again. I think I have almost everything I'd need painted up from my Game of Thrones armies.

Excellent!

Michael S. wrote:Hi Karl,
Unfortunately I will be on vacation from the 4th to the 11th so I will not be able to make it.
Michael

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully we'll see you in June!

Everyone,
I'm going to make lists and if desired, I can prepare tables for KoW and Planet 28. I'll go with whichever game needs the extra player. I'm quite enthused about both games right now. I've just based and primed a batch of Sci-Fi animal-people figures.

For Planet 28, I've been reading up various battle reports and reviews and it seems that it might be best to outlaw Heavy Armor and Anti-Material weapons. Sounds like it's tough to have a balanced game without both and -especially for first games- it might be more fun to have more freedom in picking odd and interesting abilities and equipment without feeling like something is a "must-buy". I'm open to what other folks have to say about it though.
-Karl

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:32 am

Hi Karl,
I definitely would like to come to the next event after this May. I have been working on putting together and painting movement trays for KOW. I also now have 1,500 points for KOW and am working to get to 2,000 points.
Michael

Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Postby Jackswift » Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:54 pm

I believe I am in. Happy to play KoW or Mech Attack, or anything else. Just let me know what game I need to prep for.

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:07 pm

Michael S. wrote:Hi Karl,
I definitely would like to come to the next event after this May. I have been working on putting together and painting movement trays for KOW. I also now have 1,500 points for KOW and am working to get to 2,000 points.
Michael

Cool!
Looking forward to seeing the completed army.

Jackswift wrote:I believe I am in. Happy to play KoW or Mech Attack, or anything else. Just let me know what game I need to prep for.

Great!
Next week we can figure out games and table opponents.
-Karl

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon May 02, 2022 11:42 am

Hey Guys,
Thus far it looks like it will be the 4 of us. There's still room for more players and another table though, so attendance list is by no means closed.

Based on what folks have requested so far, I propose Kings of War for Mike and I on the big table and Mech Attack for Tim and Jon on the 3x5 side table.

I feel like I've been a bit rushed and frazzled at the last couple game nights. I'd like to have a bit more time to chat and catch up with you guys before hand, so if you want to give me an idea of what sort of table setup and/or scenario you're interested in, I could arrange the tables ahead of time giving us all a bit more leisure as we setup our games.

I'm going to check with my wife and see if a 6:00 doors-open would be viable also. Will get back to you all on that.

See you next week!
-Karl

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Sat May 07, 2022 11:46 am

It looks like I'm not going to be able to make it, sorry.
-Tim

Return to “Let's talk about games!”