Kings of War and Warhammer Fantasy

Anything gaming related is fair game.
Makkabimike
Primed

Kings of War and Warhammer Fantasy

Postby Makkabimike » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:11 am

Question for the Kings of War players. Is it mandatory to have an official Mantic army to play in this league?

Also, I may have asked this before, my apologies if I have, are there Warhammer Fantasy players here as well?
If so, what edition and would I need an official GW army?

I have Warlord Games Landsknecht army that I use for my Warhammer Fantasy Empire army. I also use this army for my KoW Kingdoms of Men/League of Rhordia armies.

Thanks all!
Mike

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Re: Kings of War and Warhammer Fantasy

Postby Michael S. » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:05 pm

Hi Mike,
Our group is always open to players using whatever miniatures they want, you do not need official KOW miniatures. I do not have any Matic KOW miniatures and use my G.W. figures. I have a 2,000 point Slaanesh Chaos Army and some Ork and Empire figures. To make 2,000 points for KOW with my Slaanesh Army I have to add some of my Mordheim undead and Empire figures.

I also play Warhammer fantasy and have the 6th and 8th editions. I have the free One Page Rules for Warhammer Fantasy and would love to try them out. You wouldn’t need official G.W. miniatures to play Warhammer Fantasy.

Michael S.

Makkabimike
Primed

Postby Makkabimike » Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:09 pm

That's how my guys and I used to play, any miniatures worked.

Do you have the PDF for the one page Warhammer rules? I'd like to read them.

What edition of KoW do youse play? I have editions 1&2.
I have WFB 6th edition rules and my 6th edition Empire book.

Where and when do youse play?

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:37 pm

Hi Mike,
MIke S has pretty well spelled it out. We don't really have a league so much as folks who gather once a month to play. We are considering trying some sort of a campaign in the fall. All are welcome. We strongly encourage painted armies, but that's flexible and AFAIK none of our armies are even half official Mantic. We love alternate minis.

We've been using the KoW 3rd edition. It's not much different from what came before but there are some tweaks and a fair amount of new units.

As for Warhammer, I don't play, but there might be others who do. If some folks want to play a ruleset other than what everyone else is playing on a game night that's completely fine.

The free rules are by OnePageRules The name of the ruleset is "Age of Fantasy Regiments"
https://onepagerules.com/portfolio/age- ... regiments/
There are also loose formation and skirmish versions.

I've not played them yet, but my son and I enjoy OnePageRules "Grimdark Future" 40k substitute quite a bit. I'd be willing to give Age of Fantasy a try at some point.
-Karl

Makkabimike
Primed

Postby Makkabimike » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:40 pm

Thanks Karl

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:29 pm

Makkabimike wrote:Thanks Karl

You're very welcome.
Hopefully you'll be able to join us on July 11th which should be our next game night. Even if you don't have the KoW 3rd edition rules by then, you can make an army list on Easy Army and bring it.
-Karl

Makkabimike
Primed

Postby Makkabimike » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:46 pm

Yes, I look forward to gaming. I'll just be getting back from vacation around that time. If I can't make it this time, then most definitely the next one.
Thanks,
Mike

Makkabimike
Primed

Postby Makkabimike » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:06 pm

Karl,
Are the free KoW 3 rules PDF on the Mantic site the complete rules. Will it work till I get my rulebook?

Also, can someone scan the League of Rhordia army list from the new Uncharted Empires? Not sure I want to buy the book just for the one list.
Mike

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:23 am

The free rules should be enough to get you by.

Put together your army list on Easy Army and print it out and I think you can dispense with the army book.

If that's not enough let me know and we'll work something out.

Also, if anyone doesn't have it, I've attached a fantastic KOW QRF. It also has all the standard special rules on it. Highlighting the ones that apply to my army has saved me a ton of rulebook flipping as does the QRF itself which is something Mantic send to have forgotten this edition.
Attachments
KOW_Ref_3-0.pdf
(182.91 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
-Karl

Makkabimike
Primed

Postby Makkabimike » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:47 am

I just purchased the digital version of KoW 3 rulebook and the Uncharted Empires.

Return to “Let's talk about games!”