Fall Fantasy Campaign Planning

Anything gaming related is fair game.
Michael S.
Final Highlights

Re: Fall Fantasy Campaign Planning

Postby Michael S. » Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:07 am

Hi all,
I am sending you a copy of the Border Princes Campaign Map.
Michael
Attachments
Border Princes Campaign Map.docx
(1.62 MiB) Downloaded 67 times

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:30 pm

That's excellent Mike!
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:27 pm

Hi guys,
I have attached a spread sheet under development for the fall campaign. It will be added to as players send me their information and things such as wins and losses may be added as well. As always let me know what you think.
Michael
Attachments
Border Princes Campaign.xlsx
(11.79 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Postby Jackswift » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:53 am

I will most likely play the following:

Army: The Wardens of the Red Queen - Chaos/Abyssal Dwarfs
Leader: Queen Dahzail Nakta (Night Shade in the human tongue)

I will also do my best to have at least 1500 pts of an alternate army ready for others to use (they can change the name detail as desired):

Army: The League of the Rising Phoenix - Japanese Samurai themed army
Leader: 'The Warhawk'

Terrain:
Snow Mat 6x4
Snowy river and large hill
Japanese houses, buildings, bridge, and scatter terrain
Japanese maple and cherry trees
Japanese castle
Ocean Mat (Dreadfleet)
Ships including (Junk, multiple masted sailing ships, dark elf galley and nautiloid submersible). Some need some work, but could be made ready. Some are Mega blocks with minimal conversion, but look good to scale.
Dock
Pirates (if we need that sort of skirmish crew)
A few other miscellaneous ruins

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:28 pm

Hi Ron,
Thank you very much for the information.
I am including the updated campaign spreadsheet.
I am also including The Mordheim Gazette.
Michael
Attachments
The Mordheim Gazette Issue 1.docx
(23.06 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
Border Princes Campaign.xlsx
(12.1 KiB) Downloaded 59 times

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:12 am

Hi all,
(Jon I am sorry for misspelling your name in the last email. That’s what happens when you depend on spell check too much.)
I am attaching a basic overview of the campaign for review. There are still things to be worked out, such as how players with small forces will be incorporated into the campaign. (Will a small force be able to win the campaign? If not will just being able to play in games be a sufficient incentive to become a part of the campaign?)
Michael
Attachments
Border Princes Campaign Overview.docx
(43.53 KiB) Downloaded 65 times

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:24 am

Looks good to me Mike!
-Karl

Mattias!
Lord of the Wyrdwold

Postby Mattias! » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:07 pm

Looking cool so far Mike!

Personally I don't think it makes sense for a small force to be able to 'win' the campaign. Rather, I suggest that the outcomes of the small games be able to give small bonuses to the big forces in the campaign.

This could be like if my bounty hunters secure a road from bandits in the name of one of the campaign factions in a skirmish, then that faction gets an extra 250pts of reinforcements to a banner of their choice in their next battle phase to represent being able to transport more troops over the open road.

Or perhaps if a chaos mage and his acolytes secure a magical artifact in a skirmish game in the name of Samira the Salacious, then Michael could choose an additional magic item for one of his characters in his next battle phase.

Just some thoughts. I know it's far simpler to suggest things than actually implement them. I'm happy to brainstorm a few skirmish game objectives and possible bonuses if that would be helpful.

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:38 pm

If small faction gamers are cool being in a narrative or support role, that's fine with me. A small faction battle might even cause a situation that affects all sides. Unrest at a port means everyone has trouble getting reinforcements...

With Chris last week we dabbled in the option for a third player to play a sorry of wandering monster rule in our game. Our attempt probably could have used some refining, but it's another workable possibility.

A few logistical updates for the campaign.

-Table Space:
I've been doing a bit of measuring and I think that if necessary, I can fit three 4x6 tables in the basement and could even have a 4th skirmish card table setup in the studio. I have the table sections to do it too.

That means no worries about being left out since we can accommodate 3 big and 1 small game at a time!

-Armies to share and sell.
If anyone is on the fence about joining the big battles tier, I've got the following options that might help them out.

1. Should have about 1200 points of Daqan (Maybe more) ready for someone to play. It's foot and mounted knights, Golems (ogre stand ins?) and War Machines.

2. Acquired a whole bunch of Battlemasters good-side figures. Willing to loan (maybe even sell most) these if it works help someone put an army together. they're mostly the same as 90s monopose empire troops and Brettonian Knights. Most are painted in simple block colors.

3. Jon also had offered to loan about 1500 points of Japanese to someone. Wouldn't be hard for us to help that army up to the 2k level nor would it be an inconvenience to play a game with a bit less than 2k.
-Karl

Mattias!
Lord of the Wyrdwold

Postby Mattias! » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:25 pm

If small faction gamers are cool being in a narrative or support role, that's fine with me. A small faction battle might even cause a situation that affects all sides. Unrest at a port means everyone has trouble getting reinforcements...

Heck yeah. I for one am all about the narrative support.

Return to “Let's talk about games!”