Roll Call 9/12/22 The Fantasy Campaign Begins!!!

Anything gaming related is fair game.
Eilif
Toybasher

Re: Roll Call 9/12/22 The Fantasy Campaign Begins!!!

Postby Eilif » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:29 pm

I think it would put us back too much to have to select and setup the environments after we do campaign moves so I'll go ahead and setup two tables with terrain. Hopefully we can justify them based on whatever is chosen.

In the future when we know where we at on the map I imagine we can have our campaign moves, games and environments selected before we arrive.

Mattias! wrote:I'll be there with a skirmish force of Aulrig, Princeling in Exile and his retinue-turned-gang-of-disreputable-sell-swords.

Tim, if you'd like to play a skirmish, I'd be down for Brutal Quest or SOBH, or whatever really.

OR, if you (or anyone else obviously) would like to give it a try, I can run Ye Dogs & Ye Dust. Here's a link to the rules, they're only 20 pages: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wAbcFSuDh00NHDz925gz3QZEtZ9isO5h/view?usp=sharing

My box castle isn't ready yet, but I think I can have it ready for October. I do have some terrain made from sea shells that could represent a chaotic waste, if that would be helpful. Let me know and I'll bring em!

Can't wait!
Mattias

Excellent.
You and Tim can let me know what sort of surface and terrain you'd like to have. Will a card table suffice?

Michael S. wrote:Hi Karl,
I should be able to get out of work a little early. Is getting there around 5:45 OK or do you want me there earlier?
Michael

5:45 should be great. We can setup the campaign paraphernalia and I can show you the various train cars
-Karl

Mattias!
Lord of the Wyrdwold

Postby Mattias! » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:48 pm

Excellent.
You and Tim can let me know what sort of surface and terrain you'd like to have. Will a card table suffice?

Yeah, I think a card table should be just fine. Any generic fantasy terrain will do, and I can bring my grass mat and some terrain bits and bobs as well.

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:28 pm

Mattias-

Let's play YD&YD! i'll read it this weekend and stat up some figs.
-Tim

Mattias!
Lord of the Wyrdwold

Postby Mattias! » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:07 pm

Mattias-

Let's play YD&YD! i'll read it this weekend and stat up some figs.

Heck yeah! I'll do the same. Let me know if you have any questions

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:35 pm

I had a family emergency today and can't come tomorrow, sorry. I expect everything will be fine in a few days, but I'll have to deal with some stuff tomorrow and at best will be exhausted by game time.

Have fun, guys. I'm looking forward to hearing about it.
-Tim

Mattias!
Lord of the Wyrdwold

Postby Mattias! » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:34 pm

Sorry to hear that Tim! No worries, get the rest you need. I'll catch you next session.

gattz
Final Highlights

Postby gattz » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:04 pm

Since KoW seems evenly matched, and I just played a 1500pt game of Age of Fantasy Regiments against a buddy yesterday : Undead vs Ogres, that could probably be worked in to the campaign as rumblings from the east as a writeup and rules comparison - I could probably step in for Tim's absence and give Ye Dogs skirmish a try.
I just gave it a brief read-over and we could do some character building at the session.

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:23 pm

quote="timlillig"]I had a family emergency today and can't come tomorrow, sorry. I expect everything will be fine in a few days, but I'll have to deal with some stuff tomorrow and at best will be exhausted by game time.

Have fun, guys. I'm looking forward to hearing about it.[/quote]
So sorry to hear about this Tim. Hope everything goes as smoothly as possible. Hopefully we'll see you next time, which should be the 4th Monday of this month.

gattz wrote:Since KoW seems evenly matched, and I just played a 1500pt game of Age of Fantasy Regiments against a buddy yesterday : Undead vs Ogres, that could probably be worked in to the campaign as rumblings from the east as a writeup and rules comparison - I could probably step in for Tim's absence and give Ye Dogs skirmish a try.
I just gave it a brief read-over and we could do some character building at the session.

Glad you can step in Chris. If you and Mattias want to get started early to prep, consider the doors open at 5:45.

I'd be interested to hear your impressions of AoFR.

See you all tomorrow!
-Karl

Mattias!
Lord of the Wyrdwold

Postby Mattias! » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:31 pm

I could probably step in for Tim's absence and give Ye Dogs skirmish a try.

Awesome, I'd be happy to run it for you! It's very easy to stat up models by looking at them, so feel free to grab whatever models you want to play with. I may even be able to bring some blank character cards.

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:51 am

Hi Tim,
I am sorry to hear about the family emergence. I hope all is well soon.
I am glad that Mattias has someone to play against since it seems like the rest of us should be evened out for KOW.
Michael

Return to “Let's talk about games!”