Wierd World War II and K47, distribution of FREE STUFF!..

Anything gaming related is fair game.
Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Re: Wierd World War II and K47. Gauging Interest and FREE STUFF!..

Postby Jackswift » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:46 pm

I'd definitely be interested in any of the German vehicles available. Was just looking online at resin options. Happy to split with anyone else who might be interested in same. Will look through it on Monday.

gattz
Final Highlights

Postby gattz » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:58 am

I might be interested in splitting some of the German tanks and infantry as well. I've got a bit of German K47 stuff painted, and a few unbuilt kits - I'll try to inventory what I have this weekend and maybe claim a vehicle or two to fill out the armory.

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:29 pm

Sounds good guys. I assume you two and Michael will want the German stuff. Luckily it looks like there's enough to go around. I also purchased a really nice Corgi kubelwagon recently. $4 to whomever may be interested, but no pressure.
IMG_20230121_191345371.jpg

I wonder if the US Stewart tanks might have a look that works for Quar? It's a bit of an odd duck of a tank but in a good way.

Anyone else interested in USA stuff? I might snag one vehicle for my British. However, the US Army I already got from Josh is a pretty sizable force and if I'm going to do any more K47 painting it will be for the Brits so most of the US stuff is also up for grabs.
-Karl

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:41 pm

Hi Karl,
I would like to check out the kubelwagon. I assume it scales to 28mm.
Michael

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:20 pm

Sounds good. It's supposedly 1/50. I'll put it aside for you

Seemed small at first, but I was thinking of comparisons to heroic sci fi vehicles. Being that the Kubelwagon is a small vehicle to start with, it's probably perfect.

I've got a 1/50 Corgi Churchill. Quite nicely done such that I might not even bother to repaint.
-Karl

Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Postby Jackswift » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:22 am

I do not currently have a need for troops, so someone else can pick up the troop models if they are interested. Re the German vehicles, I am primarily interested in some or all of the following to fill a few medium tank and/or transport slots with something in line with Konflict 47 scales, but I am very flexible:

- Panzer IV F/G/H (the D model would also work fine; it can easily be converted to swap for a longer cannon)
- Flakpanzer IV
- And 1 or 2 of the Sdkfz models, preferably the troop transports (250/251 lower number versions), but any version would work (and frankly the trucks would work also)
- Might be interested in some of the conversion/crew sets as well, but would have to look through those
- Might also consider using a US model (conversion of captured equipment for use on the battlefield was not uncommon)

If any of the above models fill a needed slot in someone else's army, then please do take those models, and I will pick something else from what remains.

Anything I pick up will go right to the top of the build and paint list for playing Konflict 47 upcoming.
Cheers,
JR

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:43 am

Thanks John.

Mike and Chris,
Do you have any idea what vehicles you're most interested in?

AFAIK, it's just you 3 who would be interested in the German stuff. If we can come to an agreement, that's great, otherwise, it might be fun to distribute stuff as a draft if we can get together on a game night and/or do a group call.

As I'm thinking about K47, It's by no means one of my main games but my ideal would be that we play it 2-3 times to get a bit comfortable with the rules. If that goes well it can be a reliable option to roll it out now and then as a one-off or on an off-week. Especially if by then we've all got forces for it.
-Karl

Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Postby Jackswift » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:32 pm

Either way, agreement or draft works for me.

How many pts do we want to do for the initial game(s)? 1,000? Aiming to get a fair amount of painting done in Feb.

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:57 pm

Hi Karl,
I will check out the kits at our next game meet. What points we want to play at would be helpful to figure out what kits we may need for our individual forces. 1,000 points seems to be the standard playing force for K ‘47 and enough for a nights game, although we may want to increase points for special scenarios.
Thanks!
Michael

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:28 pm

Hey guys,
I'm open to suggestions regarding points. 1000 is a good place to start though we may blow past that pretty quickly.

For my British I can get around 1000 points with
2x 10 man Regular infantry Squads
1 officer
2x Bazooka teams
2x Tanks

I've got most of that painted and it'd be nice to add Autonomous and heavy infantry squads and a walker or two once I've got a handle on the rules.

For Americans I've probably got 2k painted.

If you guys want to check your points, Easy army has a k 47 army builder.
-Karl

Return to “Let's talk about games!”