Wierd World War II and K47, distribution of FREE STUFF!..

Anything gaming related is fair game.
Eilif
Toybasher

Wierd World War II and K47, distribution of FREE STUFF!..

Postby Eilif » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:34 pm

Hey Folks,
I just got news that Warlord has purchased full control of Konflikt 47 from Clockwork Goblin who they were in partnership with.
https://warlord-community.warlordgames. ... nflikt-47/
There is a bit of chatter around the interwebs about new units and possibly a new edition. At the very least, Warlord seems to think K47 is worth investing in as it's been fairly stagnant for the last couple years.

Got me thinking that it might be a good chance to gauge the interest of the club in playing K47 sometime in 2023. I've got my Brits-of-questionable-loyalty and now I also have Josh's sizeable US force (could almost be 2 armies). So, while I think most of us have suitable figures, there is a force to share if an interested member doesn't want to paint up an army.

I'm not even tied to K47 (though I think it's a good system) if there's a more streamlined ruleset folks would like to try. I know Lee recently released Empires Fall, but I don't know if that is WW2 or WWW2.

Just floating an idea here. Let me know what you-all's thoughts are.
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

timlillig
Huemaster

Re: Wierd World War II and K47. Gauging Interest for the Future...

Postby timlillig » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:35 pm

I enjoy k47 as a set of rules. I'm not terribly excited that it is tied to WWII and would be happy to play it as a cold war or near future game to incorporate some of the other models that I have. There are plenty of games my soviets would fit into.
-Tim

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:38 pm

I have some German vehicles from other WWII and weird sources that I or someone else could work up into another force. If i did that I might have to make a box of brutalist Stalingrad ruins too.
-Tim

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:52 pm

Hi all,
I like the Konflikt ‘47 rules. I have a 1,000 point force and can go up to 1,300 if needed. I do like the WWII setting although as Tim is not into it I can easily see us making it a Cold War setting. As I grew up during it I love 1950s Sci-fi movies. I put together a mini campaign for Fear and Faith with 3 scenarios about an alien invasion at Area 51 during the 50s. If we go with a Cold War setting we could add on aliens if everyone likes that. We are very good at modifying settings / rules for our group.

Hi Tim, what are some of the other models you would like to incorporate?
Michael

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:59 am

Good thoughts all around.

I prefer it, but I'm not tied strictly to the 1940s if widening the scope gets more folks interested If it can fit in the K47 force lists I'm not fussed if the unit looks more like '49 or '59 (or maybe even '69...). I'm not terribly interested in near future gaming, but once I get some games under my belt, I might give it a try. I've got some Sci Fi figs that could serve.

Also, I wasn't thinking about a campaign, just playing one-off games, ideally with interesting scenarios.
-Karl

manic _miner
Basecoated

Postby manic _miner » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:14 am

There is the Project X miniatures range for Weird WWII too.Not sure if you have heard of it.Some nice miniatures in the range.

https://scarabminiatures.com/product-ca ... projekt-x/

I bought into the Secrets of the Third Reich big time but never got around to playing the game.

The newer releases look good and i might pick up the other rulebook they released along with the second edition.

The Japanese figures look nice from what i have seen.Not sure on the forces for them though.

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:22 am

manic _miner wrote:There is the Project X miniatures range for Weird WWII too.Not sure if you have heard of it.Some nice miniatures in the range.

https://scarabminiatures.com/product-ca ... projekt-x/

I bought into the Secrets of the Third Reich big time but never got around to playing the game.

The newer releases look good and i might pick up the other rulebook they released along with the second edition.

The Japanese figures look nice from what i have seen.Not sure on the forces for them though.

Thanks for the Project X link. I thought I knew about all the WWW2 lines, but that's a new one to me.
-Karl

manic _miner
Basecoated

Postby manic _miner » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:55 am

The Project X range has been around for quite some time now.Might have even been before Konflict 47,Dust and Secrets of the Third Reich.
Monolith designs also did the Gotterdamrung Weird War stuff that was sculpted by Jim Bowen.They are on the larger chunky side.

http://www.monolithdesigns.co.uk/gotter.htm

http://www.monolithdesigns.co.uk/gotterrusting.htm

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:07 am

Good stuff there as well!

A little heads up for those in my Chicagoland. Was at Games Plus yesterday dropping off the leftovers from my game sale for the auction. I of course visited the bargain drawers and picked up a pack of K47 British Heavy troopers one of the only wierd K47 British elements I don't have. Didn't see any other K47, but they had ALOT of AE WW2 packs for sale. As usual the markdown wasn't amazing, but they still do buy 3 get one free, so if you buy 4 your around 40% off.
-Karl

Mattias!
Lord of the Wyrdwold

Postby Mattias! » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:13 am

timlillig wrote:I enjoy k47 as a set of rules. I'm not terribly excited that it is tied to WWII and would be happy to play it as a cold war or near future game to incorporate some of the other models that I have. There are plenty of games my soviets would fit into.

Yeah that's my feeling too. What I recall of the rules is that they're neat, but weird wwII is not something I'm interested in collecting.

If folks don't mind being very flexible on the counts-as, I have a small force worth of Quar that would do nicely for a scifi mashup.

Return to “Let's talk about games!”