Wierd World War II and K47, distribution of FREE STUFF!..

Anything gaming related is fair game.
gattz
Final Highlights

Re: Wierd World War II and K47. Gauging Interest and FREE STUFF!..

Postby gattz » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:09 am

Hey Karl, et al

I inventoried some of the kits I have in a box, apparently I stocked up on various clearance sales for K47 and Bolt Action at some point. Haha, there were more Hetzer style med tanks in there than I expected.

I don't have too many lighter vehicles tho, so I would be more interested in:

Panzer II
Sdkfz Alte (I have a 251/10 half track already)
Blitzkrieg Infantry

If there's an extra Panzer IV left over, an extra wouldn't hurt - but if there's a more serious collector/need I don't really need it.

I wouldn't use the utility trucks for K47, but they would prob make nice pieces for pulp gaming.

Those main 3 I listed are good for now tho - I'll let Mike chime in for his share too.

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:30 am

Hi all,
I think 1,000 points for ‘47 is good for the play time we have, but I can go a little bigger if needed. I have a 1,000 point German force which I can increase to 1,500. I would also like to take the M26 Pershing if no one else has. After putting the finishing touches on my German force I started adding to my American force and the tank would fit right in. The force will be an ‘allied’ force as I have a few British to add to it. They will be ‘counts as’ using the American Force list. Having two armies allows me to play whoever shows up for a game.
Thanks,
Michael

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:41 am

gattz wrote:Hey Karl, et al

I inventoried some of the kits I have in a box, apparently I stocked up on various clearance sales for K47 and Bolt Action at some point. Haha, there were more Hetzer style med tanks in there than I expected.

I don't have too many lighter vehicles tho, so I would be more interested in:

Panzer II
Sdkfz Alte (I have a 251/10 half track already)
Blitzkrieg Infantry

If there's an extra Panzer IV left over, an extra wouldn't hurt - but if there's a more serious collector/need I don't really need it.

I wouldn't use the utility trucks for K47, but they would prob make nice pieces for pulp gaming.

Those main 3 I listed are good for now tho - I'll let Mike chime in for his share too.

Good to know!
When I get back in town I'll stay looking at what folks are interested in and how they compare.

As for the utility trucks, I primarily see them as scenario units, though they might have utility in game as cheap transport for troops. The game force organization rules makes it easy and pretty cheap to add to platoons.
-Karl

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:47 am

Michael S. wrote:Hi all,
I think 1,000 points for ‘47 is good for the play time we have, but I can go a little bigger if needed. I have a 1,000 point German force which I can increase to 1,500. I would also like to take the M26 Pershing if no one else has. After putting the finishing touches on my German force I started adding to my American force and the tank would fit right in. The force will be an ‘allied’ force as I have a few British to add to it. They will be ‘counts as’ using the American Force list. Having two armies allows me to play whoever shows up for a game.
Thanks,
Michael

That sounds good. I didn't realize you also had an American force. Nothing for sure, but in addition to what I pictured, I might also have some US extras. I'll look around.

Having a second army is good practice. Party of the reason I'm making my British all ominously Gas Masked is the potential for them to also be played as treacherous 5th Column Fascists.
-Karl

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:34 pm

Anyone interested in getting together next Thursday and divvying this up? I'll won't leave out interested parties who can't attend, but this might be a fun activity.
-Karl

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:54 am

Hi Karl,
I didn’t know I had an American force too:) I have a few miniatures and I started to think about some counts as figures plus the kits you have available and presto, I have an American / Allied force. (As I wrote I have to add a handful of British to fill it out.) That’s one of the things I love about our group is that you are free to use any miniatures you like.

Two armies are good. When I started miniature gaming about 25 years ago I had to paint up two forces for my games since people I played with many times would not have any miniatures.

On Thursday I will bring some spruces of kits that people can have or trade for if they like. I have some figure items and vehicle kits, mostly G.W. stuff.
Michael

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:08 pm

Looks like the lists of needs don't overlap too much. I'm back in town Wednesday night. Michael is coming by on Thursday evening to drop off some unrelated stuff so we'll start divvying up the stuff then. Anyone who wants is welcome to stop by, but no pressure.

Feel free to let me know if your requests change over the next couple days.
-Karl

Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Postby Jackswift » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:10 pm

I just saw this. Not sure I can drop by, but will try to do so. I'll ping you later in the day if I can make it. What time is best?

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:49 pm

Sorry, I told Mike but forgot to post here. Tonight is off, I've got an open mic.
-Karl

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:18 pm

Ok,
Here's redo of the pics including stuff that wasn't visible in the first post.

Each Half Track (German and American) has an accessory add-on pack pictured under it that is not a full kit. I assume the German kits are swapable. Feel free to use or not.

German Items
The cardboard box in the upper left is a full kit of an 88mm Flak Panzer
IMG_20230202_123655879.jpg

American Items
IMG_20230202_131349880.jpg

Under the Sherman kit are optional plow and turret options.
Under that are two crew kits. One , one Tank Destroyer Crew, one Armored Vehicle Crew

Also, I have some extras of a few of these knock-off resin walkers I got a while back that I'm happy to share. For scale purposes, the Dreadnaught'ish walker is about the same size as a 2nd edition Space Marine Dreadnaught. I think the big one is the same size as the AT-43 vehicle it is a copy of.
-129969019-1886136199.jpg

Let me know if this affects what you all are interested in.
-Karl

Return to “Let's talk about games!”