Open Gaming July 24th

Anything gaming related is fair game.
ccprince
Details and Drybrush

Re: Open Gaming July 24th

Postby ccprince » Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:32 am

Thanks again for a great game last night!

I think we were making things a little more lethal than they needed to be.

First, we played the morale rules wrong. We completely forgot about the Pinned state. If you shoot a unit down to less than half-strength, it takes a morale test, and failure puts it into Pinned state until its next activation. And in melee, if you lose a battle and fail the morale test, but aren't yet at less than half-strength, the unit is Pinned. If you lose, and you're at less than half-strength when you fail the morale test, that's when you're routed. So that case of "I only lost one model, but that was enough to lose the battle, and I failed the morale test, so the entire unit is routed" isn't actually true. :-)

Also, I missed that my artillery units (laser and autocannon) were Tough(3). That said, I'm not sure how that applies to multi-model units. Does that mean that each model in the unit takes three hits before being killed?

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:07 pm

ccprince wrote:Thanks again for a great game last night!

I think we were making things a little more lethal than they needed to be.

First, we played the morale rules wrong. We completely forgot about the Pinned state. If you shoot a unit down to less than half-strength, it takes a morale test, and failure puts it into Pinned state until its next activation. And in melee, if you lose a battle and fail the morale test, but aren't yet at less than half-strength, the unit is Pinned. If you lose, and you're at less than half-strength when you fail the morale test, that's when you're routed. So that case of "I only lost one model, but that was enough to lose the battle, and I failed the morale test, so the entire unit is routed" isn't actually true. :-)

Also, I missed that my artillery units (laser and autocannon) were Tough(3). That said, I'm not sure how that applies to multi-model units. Does that mean that each model in the unit takes three hits before being killed?

Good observations. I may have been playing Grimdark wrong for a while now. I'll look into those points.

It was great to have you at the club. Hope we see you again.
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

ccprince
Details and Drybrush

Postby ccprince » Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:14 pm

Eilif wrote:It was great to have you at the club. Hope we see you again.

I enjoyed it immensely, and I'll definitely be back. :-)

Return to “Let's talk about games!”