October 23rd Game Night

Anything gaming related is fair game.
ccprince
Details and Drybrush

Re: October 23rd Game Night

Postby ccprince » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:22 pm

Michael S. wrote:Space Weidos it is!

Excellent! I've got a gang of heavily armed punk women, just waiting for some paint.

I'll bring my bin of Tinkerturf shipping containers and walkways -- it works really nicely for SW.

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:34 am

Sounds like this is shaping up to be a great game. I'm undecided whether I will bring the Dark Angels or the AT-43 Karman's that I've been working on. I'll let you know.

Either way, I'd be interested in a 3000 point battle if anyone feels up for it...
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:32 pm

Hello Charlie,
I assume you would want to play 125 points per side for a larger game? If yes I will set up my 3’x’3’ board. I am using my Tyranids and I have Tyranid scenery to put on the table. The Space Weidos scenarios are very light, so I was thinking of just adding the narrative that your force is either answering a distress call from the planet or maybe you have crash landed. Either way your Tinkerturf shipping containers and walkways could represent the remains of the humans who sent out the distress call or the remains of your crashed spacecraft.
Michael

ccprince
Details and Drybrush

Postby ccprince » Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:40 pm

Michael S. wrote:I assume you would want to play 125 points per side for a larger game?

I put together rosters for 75 and 125 points, just to be safe. So, that sounds great to me.

I was thinking of just adding the narrative that your force is either answering a distress call from the planet or maybe you have crash landed.

I like it!

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:34 pm

I was looking back at the last page of discussion and it looks like thematically I should bring Dark Angels so I'll do that. For whomever wants to game on my side of the table, I'd be happy to provide a second Dark Angel Army. I can field 5000+ points and a tide of DA could look awesome.

No worries though if anyone wants to bring their own army.

Michael, should I bring my Dark-Angels Fortress of Redemption?
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:47 pm

Hi Karl,
There is no need to bring any terrain for the Grimdark Future games. I have 25+ years worth of terrain at my place:) Yesterday I set up one 8’ x 4’ table with my 40K urban setting for Grimdark. I also set up a 3’ x 3’ table for 125 points of Space Weidoes which Charlie and myself are scheduled to play. I put my Tyranid terrain for my Tyranids on this one. Charlie said he has some Tinkerturf terrain which we can add to it to represent his human force. My third table I have to move back to the basement from the garage where it has been since we started our basement remodeling project. I will set that one up with my scratch built terrain which features bunkers and trenches. One side has bunkers which I added Dark Angels touches to, D.A. decals added to the walls and bolters painted in the D.A. colors. I assume you would like to play your Dark Angels on this table. I made this back in the 1990s. So far it looks like Jon, Mattias, Tim and you will be playing Grimdark Future. Two can play at one table and two at the other or all four of you can play on one table if you like.
Michael

Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Postby Jackswift » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:44 am

Should I bring my Sisters of Battle or 1K Sons? What makes for a better matchup thematically? It is slightly ridiculous how few models go into a 1500 pt force for GrimDark. I'll have something like 25 models. Makes for a faster game I guess. Cheers!

Mattias!
Lord of the Wyrdwold

Postby Mattias! » Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:14 pm

Eilif wrote:Sounds like this is shaping up to be a great game. I'm undecided whether I will bring the Dark Angels or the AT-43 Karman's that I've been working on. I'll let you know.

Either way, I'd be interested in a 3000 point battle if anyone feels up for it...

I can definitely field 3000 points worth of Quar and would be happy to take you on!

MSD

Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Postby Jackswift » Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:41 pm

I can easily make a 2k or 3k pt list with Sisters or Eldar. So anywhere between 1,500 up works for me. Happy to play one on one or two on two.

ccprince
Details and Drybrush

Postby ccprince » Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:18 am

Heh. Y'all are talking about thousands of points, and here I am, pleased as punch to have my seven bad-ass ladies ready to go...

20231021_091408.jpg

Return to “Let's talk about games!”