Gaming Monday November 13th Space Weirdos

Anything gaming related is fair game.
Eilif
Toybasher

Gaming Monday November 13th Space Weirdos

Postby Eilif » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:47 am

This coming Monday is our regularly scheduled game time.
Please let me know if you're coming and what you want to play.

Additionally, this is usually the campaign day which would indicate playing K47. I'd like to hear from folks about how they are feeling about the K47. Are we wanting to continue to play K47, start a different campaign, just do open gaming until next year, etc, etc. Let me know what you think.
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Re: Gaming Monday November 13th and K47 interest poll.

Postby Michael S. » Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:22 pm

Hi all,
I will be on vacation and will not be able to attend.

I still would like to play K47. I think though that we need to stay at the recommended 1,000 points since playing at larger points per person slows down the game too much. That being said I would not be opposed to a different campaign if others want to do that. If we do another campaign I am open to ‘army’ based games such as Grimdark Future, Kings of War, or the OPR’s Fantasy battle game.

Getting back to skirmish games is good too. If we go fantasy skirmish some of my suggestions would be, Song of Blades and Heroes, OPR’s fantasy skirmish or Mordheim, one of my two favorite G.W. games.

If we go Sci-fi skirmish my suggestions would be, In the Emperor's Name, Space Weirdos, and Necromunda.

We haven’t done anything post-apocalyptic for some time so ‘This is not a Test’ would be fun.

A Blood Bowl league would be great.

Lastly I like Pulp Alley if anyone would like to try it. The basic rules are free online.

I also recently received two games from Snarling Badger Studios. First ‘Majestic 13’, a game about aliens invading the earth. Generally you only need a five person squad to fight against a single alien.

The second game is ‘Reign in Hell’. It is a fast, miniatures-agnostic wargame that pits your cabal of demons against your opponent’s to determine who gets to reshape the ruins of Hell. If you have any of the G.W. demons for 40k or fantasy you can use them. You need about 7 to 10 miniatures, I built my warband using mostly my Slaanesh models. The game has an interesting activation system, you roll a D12 for each model and they activate in numeric sequence.

Let me know what you think.
Michael.

Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Postby Jackswift » Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:39 pm

I cannot make it this week either, my daughter has a play performance Monday night.

That stated, I am enjoying K47, but happy to play some other game also. I should be there at the Nov 27 game.

Mattias!
Lord of the Wyrdwold

Postby Mattias! » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:33 pm

I can make it Monday!

I have to admit I'm not as hyped on K47 as I was before, but then I still haven't really finished a game. I don't mind continuing to work at it more if that's what you're feeling either for Monday or beyond. For Monday I'm down for pretty much whatever.

For other campaign games, I don't yet have the army together for KOW, but I've enjoyed the games of GDF we've played so far and it might be fun to try out their campaign rules.

From the skirmish games Michael mentioned, I'd be most interested in Space Weirdos, necromunda, mordheim, or I'd be over the moon for a Bloodbowl league.

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:08 pm

I can play Monday.

I agree that K47 slows down significantly beyond about 2000 points or 18-ish units on the table.

As far as what to play, more K47 or GDF are good. Something else would be nice too, so I'm up for pretty much anything.
-Tim

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:35 pm

Looks like it's three of us for Monday.

I don't think K47 is the ideal choice for a 3 player game. You guys up for Space Weirdos or Grimdark Future Firefight?

I can throw something together, but if anyone wants to take the lead on scenarios, that would be fun.

Let me know?
-Karl

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:44 pm

We might have to figure out a game when we get there. I don't have Grimdark Future Firefight, but I'm willing to try it.
-Tim

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:49 am

Ok, I'm going to reach out to Mattias and see what he says.
-Karl

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:03 pm

I've contacted Mattias.
We're going to to Space Weirdos tonight. I've got an idea for a scenario where two teams of operatives/gangs try to rob the vault at the same station. We'll have the two forces that we stated up for this battle ready to go:
https://www.chicagoskirmishwargames.com ... e-wierdos/
I'll stat up and run a third force of Security troops and run the Scenario. I've got some good ideas for use of the vault terrain.

Tim you can feel free to run the Escher warband or bring your own force instead. I'm pretty sure the points value is 125, but I'm at work now and can't be sure.

Mattias, if you can bring your interesting sci-fi terrain bits that you had at our Space Station Zero game that would be great.
-Karl

Mattias!
Lord of the Wyrdwold

Re: Gaming Monday November 13th Space Weirdos

Postby Mattias! » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:15 pm

Sure thing!

And correct, 125 is the number of points.

MSD

Return to “Let's talk about games!”