Discussion: Gaming Emphasis in the New Year.

Anything gaming related is fair game.
Eilif
Toybasher

Re: Discussion: Gaming Emphasis in the New Year.

Postby Eilif » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:58 pm

Michael and Mattias,
Though I'm currently leaning into Alpha Strike and I don't have any figures for Mordheim, I'd be interested in a real Mordheim campaign later this year. I really like classic necromunda (would love to do another campaign) and trying Mordheim has been on my mind for a while.

If there is interest, a spring or summer Mordheim campaign would definitely be worth discussing. I do think we'd need at least 4 committed players though.
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

Mattias!
Lord of the Wyrdwold

Postby Mattias! » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:06 pm

Eilif wrote:Michael and Mattias,
Though I'm currently leaning into Alpha Strike and I don't have any figures for Mordheim, I'd be interested in a real Mordheim campaign later this year. I really like classic necromunda (would love to do another campaign) and trying Mordheim has been on my mind for a while.

If there is interest, a spring or summer Mordheim campaign would definitely be worth discussing. I do think we'd need at least 4 committed players though.

Agreed! That would be awesome.

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:13 pm

I'd be up for a classic Necromunda or Mordheim campaign.
-Tim

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:23 pm

Hi Guys,
I am open to either a Necromunda or Mordheim campaign although I would prefer a Mordheim campaign. I like both games, but I feel that Mordheim is the better one. I also think that the Mordheim campaign system is much better.

Hey Mattias,
If you want a game of Blood Bowl we can get a game in at my place as well as on our regular game nights. Weekends are good for me as well as other evenings.

Michael

ccprince
Details and Drybrush

Postby ccprince » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:10 pm

Gah. I'm super late to the party. :-D

I tend to be more into single-shot games these days, rather than campaigns. I've got one campaign going with my Freeblades group, and that's plenty. That said, I've had Space Station Zero sitting on my shelf, mostly unplayed and feeling sad...

Mondays are my best days, especially if we stick to 2nd/4th Mondays, because Freeblades is on 1st/3rd Mondays. Thursdays are out, at least through the spring.

Games I'd love to play:
  • Grimdark Future and/or Firefight -- I've got my 2000-point Robot Legions army about two-thirds painted
  • Space Weirdos -- Kinda scratches the same itch as Grimdark Future Firefight, even if it's more casual
  • Full Thrust and/or Grimdark Future Warfleets
  • Gaslands

I'm in a phase of "I don't really want to pick up any new monkeys on my back ... I mean ... new games," which doesn't mean I won't totally try new games. And one of these days, my resolve is going to weaken, and I'm going to buy Moonstone; I mean, how can you resist a mini named "Doug the Flatulent," especially considering he's a pug?!?

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:56 am

Liking everything I'm hearing so far.

A Mordheim campaign in spring is very appealing to me as it's sort of a bucket list game for me. I don't necessarily want to paint up a new warband for it. Michael, how many Mordheim factions do you have ready to go?

I do also like the wide variety of other games folks have mentioned. I'm in favor of continuing our pattern of having a campaign night once a month that is still open for folks to play other games on the side and then an open gaming night on the other night.
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Postby Jackswift » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:28 pm

That all works for me. I'd be in for pretty much any of the additional options listed. Mordheim (not sure what faction I would play) and Necromunda both sound like fun.

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:39 pm

Hi Karl,
I have 7 painted warbands for Mordheim, but only two have official Mordheim miniatures. I have Orc, Undead and Khemri warbands which are made up of regular Warhammer models. The nice thing about the game is that you don’t need the ‘official’ miniatures. If you have a SOBH warband it should be convertible to Mordheim. Also if you have a Kings of War army you should have models to use. Feel free though to use one of my warbands if you want.

The rule book is still available for download for free from the internet for anyone who doesn’t have a copy. Also I have enough Mordheim terrain to fill the standard 4’x4’ table. The website Age of Sigmar28 / AOS28 has a lot of neat conversions that can be used for Mordheim.
Michael

Return to “Let's talk about games!”