Gaming on Jan the 8th!! Turnip 28!

Anything gaming related is fair game.
Eilif
Toybasher

Gaming on Jan the 8th!! Turnip 28!

Postby Eilif » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:00 pm

Update. Looks like we're playing Turnip.

So this snuck up on me. The second Monday of the Month (generally our first meeting of the month) is coming up in 2 days!!

First my apologies for not following up with a hobby day over the holidays as we had discussed. Christmas was nuts and I spent the last week mostly with a COVID kid. (he's fine, wasn't that bad this time).

Now, for this Monday the 8th, who is coming and what are folks wanting to play? I'm still rather stoked about Alpha Strike (and I have armies to share), but I'm open to other suggestions.
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Re: Gaming on Jan the 8th!! Alpha Strike and...?

Postby Michael S. » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:13 pm

Hi Karl,
I will be there. I am open.
Michael

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:29 pm

I won't be able to make it tomorrow. I'll read and stat up an army or two to play Alpha Strike next time. are there pre-made unit cards for alpha strike available somewhere?

Edit:
I found it here, search for untis, add them, and you can get a PDF of cards http://masterunitlist.info/Force/Build
-Tim

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:10 pm

Sorry to hear that Tim. The MUL is where I get all my stat cards for sure.

Michael, looks like it's just you and I. I'm still up for Alpha Strike, but I just thought of something.

IIRC you had finshed a second Turnip28 army recently. Did you want to try that? You'd have to lead on rules, but I'm willing to give it a go.
-Karl

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:19 am

Hi Karl,
Turnip28 sounds great. This will be the first I get a chance to play with my Turnip armies. I do have two ready for us to use. I also have the 5 objective markers for the basic scenarios. I have three Turnip28 terrain pieces, one defendable and two dangerous terrains. The basic scenarios recommend two more dangerous terrain pieces which I am still going to make. If you have two pieces of terrain about 9 inches around to represent dangerous terrains that would be great. The rules call for either a 3 or 4 foot playing area.
Thanks,
Michael

Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Postby Jackswift » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:04 am

Didn't see this till now.

I'm about 90% sure I can make it tonight. I don't have anything ready (built but not painted) for Turnip 28 but happy to bring a few models and sit and paint while watching the battle ensue (haven't had much hobby time lately), or use another army if one is available.

Also happy to play something else entirely if you get any other last minute attendees, just let me know what.

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:42 am

Cool.
Let's Do Turnip tonight. If Jon comes we can share the second army. Will probably be more of a learning experience anyway. I'll have the terrain ready.

Very curious to see how this plays.
-Karl

Eilif
Toybasher

Re: Gaming on Jan the 8th!! Turnip 28!

Postby Eilif » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:03 pm

Hey guys,
We're in the middle of Christmas cleanup. Please come around and knock on the side door. I'll leave the light on over there.
-Karl

Return to “Let's talk about games!”