Postby Eilif » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:10 am

Just to tally up, we've got

Mattias
Jon
Michael
Tim
Charlie
Karl

Looks like we'll do 2 folks with Blood Bowl and 4 players for Grimdark.

For those doing Grimdark, you guys up for Mega Battle? 2v2? I think we're familiar enough with the rules now that if we activate 2 players at a time and come with our lists ready, we can do a pretty big battle. I've got more than enough miniatures to bulk out anyone's army if they're not quite ready yet. (Dark Angels, Space Apes, Tau, Necrons, Imperial Guard, etc).

If anyone has any interesting scenario ideas, I'm all ears. I was just thinking yesterday how cool it was when Michael brought his WHFB "General's Compendium" and it really elevated our KoW game. I recall a haunted river, malevolent altars, etc...

Let me know what you all think and who will be this week's victim of Mattias's Blood Bowl addiction. (We're trying to get him help, really...)
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Re: Gaming on Monday Feb 12

Postby Jackswift » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:23 pm

If it's all the same, I rather not miss a game of Grimdark. So I'll leave blood bowl to Michael and Mattias this week (I do still want to learn it).

Any interest in a few larger scale models? Thinking a flyer or small titan might be fun to try. Have several models:
- a small fighter bomber (Avenger Strike Fighter) for human forces
- a non GW knight titan that would fit most human forces
- Chaos Warhound
- Chaos Bomber
- Ork Stompa

All itching for table time. Happy to have them used on either side.
Or perhaps as terrain, objectives, or random encounter on randomized automated systems. Both sides racing to claim, repair, or destroy, etc. Also maybe incentive to get build and paint going on a few other large models. Will see if I can find relevant scenarios.

Fine if not. Also Let me know if a preference if I bring good guys or bad guys.

ccprince
Details and Drybrush

Postby ccprince » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:31 pm

2v2 sounds good to me. How many points do we want to field?

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:14 pm

I'd be up for using either of Jon's chaps monsters.
-Tim

Mattias!
Lord of the Wyrdwold

Postby Mattias! » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:21 am

Jackswift wrote:If it's all the same, I rather not miss a game of Grimdark. So I'll leave blood bowl to Michael and Mattias this week (I do still want to learn it).

Totally understand! Offer's always available.

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:35 pm

ccprince wrote:2v2 sounds good to me. How many points do we want to field?

How many you got...? :)
-Karl

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:50 pm

Hi Mattias,
If everyone else is doing Grimdark are you up for more Blood Bowl? If you are, will you be bringing your humans or a new team? If you are using your human team I will bring my orcs. If you want a new team I will bring a new one as well. Let me know what you think.
Thanks,

Hi Karl,
Would you like me to bring my General's Compendium to look up scenarios which you can convert to Grimdark?

Michael

Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Postby Jackswift » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:15 pm

Happy to bring extra forces to supplement anyone who needs more points. I'm certain Karl can provide so as well. :)

Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Postby Jackswift » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:39 pm

Tim, assuming big boys are in, take your pick and I'll bring it for you. Karl, feel free to veto any of this.

Anyone else, as well. I have the following stats based mostly on what they have WYSIWYG. Tried not to go to crazy. There are rules for the Stompa and Warhound that dta them in the 2k pts+ range. I kept these simpler.

Large Knight Titan as "Knight Titan" from Titan Lords w/ Titan Chainsaw and Titan Laser cannon. For 1015 pts. Feel free to modify

Chaos Warhound - so as to not be too crazy, I would play it as a "King Heavy Titan" from the Titan Lords list w/ Plasma Battle Cannon replacement for 1405 pts and Symbol of Change.

Avenger Strike Fighter as "Ground Attack Fighter" from Human Defense Force Expansion (Community Books) w/ Twin Laser Cannon. Model also has missiles so feel free to use that upgrade instead of lasers, or bombing run if you want to try that. 330pts

Ork Stompa as Ork Marauder "Brutal and Cunning Titan" w/ Death storm Plasma Cannon (not an exact fit for the big cannon but close enough, shooty and regeneration. For 1260 pts

Chaos Bomber as "Common Bomber" from Aircraft Redux v3.2 list (Community Books) w/ Bombing Run, twin laser machine gun, and Flight Patter Computer 475 pts

Aircraft rules are unique, but should be fun to try

Please feel free to tweak as desired, or take none at all. Again, Karl, feel free to veto any of this re the large models. Cheers!

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:34 pm

Jon,
I love where this is going.

My first thought would be to take either the Knight or the flyer and I would field Dark angels. I'm that scenario, my partner would field something allied and take the other.

Alternatively, I'd be happy to run my Guard as Traitors and take one of the Chaos big vehicles.

I've got enough to field 4000+ points of Guard or Dark Angels, so I can provide for myself and another player if needed.

First we probably need to nail down what Armies are we all fielding. I would prefer to have somewhat fluffy allies and big unit choices, but I understand if that's not possible.

What do folks think about 2000 points each plus a super unit?

I'm planning on fielding allot of vehicles or high point cost units so I can go higher in points without slowing things, but if anyone is going infantry heavy then 2000+Titan might be a good cap .

Charlie,
I can provide a Necron Monolith that I think is either a 505 point Prison Monolith or an 870 point Death Fortress. If you're short on points, I've got at least 2000 points of Necron your can pull from.
-Karl

Return to “Let's talk about games!”