Mordheim summer campaign discussion.

Anything gaming related is fair game.
Eilif
Toybasher

Mordheim summer campaign discussion.

Postby Eilif » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:13 pm

EDIT: It looks like we are leaning towards Mordheim so I'm changing the title to reflect that.

Wanted to start a discussion on having a campaign of one of these games in late spring or summer. They're both games that work best in a campaign setting and that the group has shown a good amount of interest in.

As for me, I adore old school Necromunda and Mordheim is a definite bucket list game for me. I'm up for whatever you all want to do, but here's a couple things to consider.

1 Rather than once a month campaign nights, we might want to try an intense every-meeting campaign. Meeting twice a month, we could wrap up a good tight campaign in 6 sessions over 3 months.

2 If we do Necromunda I've got lots of gangs to share. If we do Mordheim I may want to borrow a force from someone. Either way, I've got lots of suitable terrain for both.

3. I think both games might have nice online campaign management tools at yaktribe and all the rules and expansions are freely available.

What do you all think?
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

timlillig
Huemaster

Re: Mordheim or Classic Necromunda future campaign discussion.

Postby timlillig » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:38 pm

I'd be up for either of those. I have some old necromunda models painted up and some new ones part way done.

i'm sure I could come up with something for Mordheim, although I have not looked at it since it came out.
-Tim

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:18 pm

Hi all,
1. I am open to either suggestion. I do like what we did with the KOW campaign with playing one week a month the campaign and the second week allowing us to try something different. This allows variety and keeps things fresh.
2. I would like to play Mordheim since I have not played it in years, but if everyone wants to go with Necromuda I am fine with that. If you have a fantasy army and or warband Karl you should be able to put a force together. There is a site named Broheim which has a large amount of warbands on it. They are listen in categories by if they were original warbands, warbands from various G.W. publications or fan created ones etc. If you can’t though I do have warbands that I can let you use.
3. Broheim has a lot of old Mordheim publications online as well as the rules.
Michael

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:20 am

Thanks Michael,
I'm leaning towards Mordheim as I've never played it before, but I think a 2024 Summer campaign of Mordheim could definitely pave the way for a 2025 campaign of classic Necromunda.

I'll look into broheim and see what I can find. I do have alot of Chaos miniatures.
-Karl

Mattias!
Lord of the Wyrdwold

Postby Mattias! » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:12 pm

I would LOVE to try some Mordheim. Necromunda is great too, but it's a bit harder to proxy miniatures. I'd play either.

Any schedule works for me, though I think there is an advantage in playing every meeting in that it's easier to really learn the rules that way, and these GW games are a bit complex.

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:37 pm

Thanks Mattias,
I'm also leaning pretty heavily towards a campaign that wraps up in fewer months but uses both meetings a month. Especially for something like Mordheim which is a new ruleset for us and is so narrative based.

When we do eventually get around to doing Necromunda again a lack of minis will not be a problem. I've got Escher , Van Saar, Delaque, Orlock and Cawdor gangs and some characters/hirelings painted up and all the gangs are twice as big as they need to be so there's plenty of variety for representing initial and upgrade loadouts.

I've already got a fair amount of suitable terrain, but No one will be surprised that I've also been squireling away alot of parts to do classic Necromunda-style bridge and tower terrain in dramatic fashion.
-Karl

Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Postby Jackswift » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:07 am

Def in for either assuming I am available to play. Would play Redemptionists for Necromunda as I already have a fully painted warband and Sisters of Sigmar if we do Mordheim. Have the models, but need paint. Looking forward to this either way.!

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:39 am

Ok, I looked through Broheim and Norse and Chaos Marauders are available factions so I'm definitely in on Mordheim as Chaos. I'll dig a bit deeper and see which best represents the minis I have.
-Karl

Eilif
Toybasher

Re: Mordheim future campaign discussion.

Postby Eilif » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:53 pm

OK folks,
It's almost April, and I want everyone to have plenty of lead time to paint and prepare so we should start to nail down our Mordheim campaign. I have 2 proposals.

-I propose a June start date.

-I propose also that for those who wish to do so, we play Mordheim on both gaming nights of each month and wrap the campaign up at the end of August after 6 sessions. Campaigns seem to whither after 6 sessions anyway and I'd rather be excited and intense about a campaign for a few months than drag it on. If someone wants to take a break from the campaign and play something else for a week that's fine too.

I'd like to turn the discussion over to those more experienced to provide suggestions on which Mordheim for suggestions on which rules to use, which warbands to allow, scenarios, etc.
-Karl

JamesWrecks
Basecoated

Re: Mordheim summer campaign discussion.

Postby JamesWrecks » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:54 pm

Don't know if you guys know about this:

https://mordheimer.net/docs/intro

I think it's all the rules for free.

And if Mordheim, I'm down. I've got a AoS Undead army that I can easily pull from, but also a bunch of D&D minis for other warbands and what not. I've got a few balsa wood buildings that'd work too for terrain.

Return to “Let's talk about games!”