More Destroyed Mecha!

Show us your painted mans!
Eilif
Toybasher

More Destroyed Mecha!

Postby Eilif » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:34 pm

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

For a few years now, Tim and I have discussed building destroyed mech markers for our Mech Attack convention games. Tim got the ball rolling a couple months ago and now I've decided to follow suit. I didn't know anything about casting, so Tim came over and showed me how. We followed the method he originally used for his wrecked cars though -assuming mechs to be sturdier than autos- we made more effort to keep the original shapes intact. These were a couple of the mechs we used. We took a cast of one part each from 8 different mechs. After removing the ...

gattz
Final Highlights

More Destroyed Mecha!

Postby gattz » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:12 am

Nice job, these are looking pretty darn good and your efforts really made them more mech-like! The inner painter in me can't help but think that some metallic edge highlighting and a set of numbers or faction logos stenciled on here or there, and weathering added after would push these up a further notch.

Eilif
Toybasher

More Destroyed Mecha!

Postby Eilif » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:55 pm

Thanks,
I like all those ideas!
But I'm lazy.

I actually did a fair bit of metalic edging with silver marker but I rubbed it in with my finger to soften it a bit a so the washes ended up hiding most if it. I should have just marked it up and not softened it at all.

Return to “Photo Gallery”