2 More Houses From 4Ground

Show us your painted mans!
jlopatin
Karled

Postby jlopatin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:14 pm

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

I finished my final 2 (for now) 4Ground houses. First up is the Woodbury Rise 1178 kit. This is one of the more complex 4Ground kits I have built. It has a 5 doors and a working garage door! The entryway has a lot of nice detailing. The garage door opens! Interestingly, it does not attach to anything at the bottom, so it sort of swings in place. It's not an issue in use, and it may make it easier to open. This side door leads into the garage. The back of the house has a full length porch. Or is this the front? ...

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:49 pm

Very cool.
I like the garage doors and the porch fences could be supremely useful if used tactically in the walking dead game. Nice interiors too.

hahma
Primed

Postby hahma » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:27 pm

Very cool build. Other than some of the fantasy style kits, the Samuels House is the only modern era kit I've built so far. I like it a lot, and the only thing I didn't like was the windows. I didn't like how they want you to cut the clear plastic to fit into the opening. I ended up cutting them bigger and then put them in and then the window frame over them to keep them in place better.

jlopatin
Karled

Re: 2 More Houses From 4Ground

Postby jlopatin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:55 pm

Greg- I think you are supposed to cut them a little larger. there is almost always room under the frame to hide the extra. With the doors, you sometimes need to be more exact. What I do is cut larger, and glue the window in. and then use an blade to cut the extra to size.
- Josh

Return to “Photo Gallery”