Cancer Benefit for Brian Stuchell- This Saturday!!

Discuss anything unrelated to gaming...
jlopatin
Karled

Postby jlopatin » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:44 am

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Hi everyone! We hope to see you at Greenfire Games, 4811 W, 95th Street in Oak Lawn, IL this Saturday! This post serves as the final official schedule and event details. At the end, there will be a list of our previous coverage, including links to all the raffle prize previews. Our friend Brian, one of the co-owners of Greenfire Games (one of our favorite game stores!) has been diagnosed with cancer in his jaw. In the words of his friend, and Greenfire Games co-owner, Mike: For the last year, Brian has been instrumental in building a close community of players and collectors ...

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:14 pm

Great Job to everyone who participated!
Spoke to Michelle briefly this afternoon and she says it far exceeded all their expectations in money raised and visitors to the store.
I'm sure someone will be along with an after-action report, but I had a great time.

jlopatin
Karled

Re: Cancer Benefit for Brian Stuchell- This Saturday!!

Postby jlopatin » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:58 am

I just wanted to post a little thank you note.

We did a really great thing this weekend, and it was a team effort. On a more personal note, I know that we were all there for Brian, and the store, but I want to say thanks for supporting me and my (possibly crazy) decision to plan this event.

It was successful far beyond anyone's expectations.

I am going to do a blog post later today, but it will be a short one... if anyone took any photos, please email them to me, so I can add them. I forgot to take more than a couple pictures.

thanks!!!
- Josh

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:57 am

Hi Josh,
You deserve congratulations for all the hard work you did to help put the fundraiser together! I had a great time. It was nice seeing the gaming community come together for this. I took pictures and will try to send them to you tonight.
Michael

gattz
Details and Drybrush

Postby gattz » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:25 am

Hear, hear! Kudos to Josh on this one for organizing this and getting us vagabonds together to help out.
I uploaded most of the general pics I had on my phone to the site's media section for your use should you need them.

Return to “Non-Gaming talk”