Introduce yourself

Discuss anything unrelated to gaming...
PatrickWR
Blogmaster Emeritus

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby PatrickWR » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:21 pm

Mattias, you are returning to the forum just as I am preparing to transition away! How's that for irony?!

Mattias!
Lord of the Wyrdwold

Postby Mattias! » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:18 pm

Bummer man! :(
Though I guess you've probably got plenty going on with your non-lead homunculus.

plasticaddict
Primed

Postby plasticaddict » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:42 am

Resurrecting an old thread here, as I just joined the forum.
I live in the FAR NW suburbs, but I take the train downtown for work.
The NW line passes Games-Plus, and I've stopped off after work several times to browse before catching a later train out.
Now that my kids are older, I would like to get back into minis.
I just picked up Mice and Mystics to try and entice my daughter's to play.

I'm interested in most of the games and genres I've seen mentioned here. Song of Blades, Frostgrave, Wreck-Age, WWII, sci-fi, pulp.
I have an odd collection of 40k/Rogue Trader, a lot of 15mm sci fi, misc fantasy, LotR, etc.
But, I need a group of players to motivate me to paint again!

Does anyone here meet at Games-Plus?

Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Postby Jackswift » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:14 am

Welcome. We do play at Games Plus about once every 4 meetings (ends up being about 1 once every two months). Currently our meetings are scheduled on every other Thursday, with the next one being this evening (an SOBH evening in Riverside at 6:45-7pm). I know that is fairly far south for you, but let me know if you are interested in the details). Most are hosted at member's homes, however we do periodically meet at other game stores, and the afore mentioned G+. The regular evening does change periodically depending on schedules within the group, but has been on Thursdays for the last year or two.

We are currently moving towards starting our regular Summer Campaign. It is looking like it will be a mix of Tales of Blades and Heroes, Song of Blades and Heroes, with a few larger scale games in the mix such as Dragon Rampant and Kings of War. You are welcome to join if there is interest.

The last meeting was a G+, so it may be another 3-4 sessions before we are back up there.

There are several people in the group that live further north and might be up for meeting on off nights. I'll let them speak up for themselves if they have availability.

That stated, your interests seem like they would mesh well with the group. We are just coming off a set of Mechwarror games, and do periodically play Necromunda, In The Emperors Name, other sci-fi/post apoc skirmish games, and the once or twice a year large scale sci fi free for all using Warpath rules, house rules for titans and superheavy tanks, and about 3K points a side.

Cheers, JR (Jon)

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:27 am

Hi,
We occasionally meet at Games Plus (just did two weeks ago). There are also some people on the board who play there regularly and one Games Plus employee posts here somewhat regularly.

We have also played a couple times at Brainstorm Comics, and I would like to again. That might not be too hard to get to and get home from on the train. I would be able to drop you at the Jefferson Park or Armitage station if you come to a game somewhere else.
-Tim

plasticaddict
Primed

Postby plasticaddict » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:11 pm

Thanks for the replies!

I would be interested in hearing more about the summer campaign. Thursdays would work for me generally.

I've never been to Brainstorm before, but I'm up for just about anything.

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:56 am

Hello!
The others have about covered the bases, but welcome and hope to see you at the tables sometime.
-Karl

Mak_the_knife
Primed

Postby Mak_the_knife » Thu May 05, 2016 8:38 am

Hey all,
My name's Josh and I'm out by DeKalb. I've seen the CSW stuff around for quite awhile so I figured I'd pop in and say hi.

I'm one of the areas (not really active) BattleTech Demo Agents. Due to Real Life™, I don't get out to our games at Games Plus very often, but I do help at Adepticon every year.

I also have been into 40K for a couple of years but I've only played a few games. I'm far more into the modeling aspect now (so much easier to do things with than BattleTech minis) and have a fairly painted up IG force, and also have a bunch of Tau that needs painting, and I've also picked up small Dark Angels, Vanilla Marines and Orcs. Oh and some Sisters.

I also have a decent start on a micro-armor Soviet force.

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Thu May 05, 2016 11:01 am

Hi Josh,
Welcome to the forum. Looks like you're quite a way out, but hopefully we'll have a chance to meet you at G+ or a convention. Feel free to post up pictures of your work if you'd like.
Karl
-Karl

Josh O'Connor
Primed

Postby Josh O'Connor » Tue May 24, 2016 6:06 pm

I'm Josh. I'm a journalist and audio/video producer and an RPG and board game designer on the side. I like Force on Force, and am looking for a new minis game to get addicted to. I also play hex-and-counter and board wargames, board games, and RPGs, especially Call of Cthulhu. Moving to Chicago and looking to attend meetings, get to know fellow gamers and really getting a lot of gaming in after a long dry spell in a small California town.

I'll be living in Uptown, so I guess am especially interested in meeting nearby players (Games Plus is a long way away). We are moving to a large space and will have tons of room to play...and even leave a game set up until the next session if needed (we have no cat!)

Return to “Non-Gaming talk”