Introduce yourself

Discuss anything unrelated to gaming...
Michael S.
Final Highlights

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby Michael S. » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:36 am

Hello Nikolas,
Welcome aboard. I see you like ancients. Do you play Song of Shadows and Dust? It is a Ganesha Games skirmish game taking place in the Mediterranean region in the first century BC. I have the game, but have not played it yet. It does look like fun though. I have put together some 28mm miniatures for it and terrain.
Michael

nagadakos
Primed

Postby nagadakos » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:42 pm

Hello Michael

Happy, healthy new year and pardon me for the long delay.

I have never played this, no.
I am afraid I only have 3 regiments of hoplites(which are based for KoW of all things) and 2 of sarrisa-pikemen in 28 mm ( got a whole lot in 1/72 though). Most of my other stuff is still in the box. However, I think I could put together a few brave Greeks for it. How many would I need for a warband?

Alternatively, I have a whole lot of fantasy miniatures for skirmish games may like Dragon Rampart or the like.

nagadakos
Primed

Postby nagadakos » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:45 pm

Thank you EIlif!

Sorry for the long delay it was a hectic end-of-the year.

I would be quite interested to join, if you haven't already met!
Especially if it is kings of war, I could bring join with undead or dwaves.

Lets me know

Eilif wrote:Welcome Nikolas,
Sounds like your ready to go! As you can see in the other threads, we're looking at an early January date for our next meeting. Hope you can make it.

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:01 pm

Hi Nikolas,
That game was cancelled and has not been rescheduled yet. We're waiting for the current covid surge to calm down.

nagadakos wrote:Thank you EIlif!

Sorry for the long delay it was a hectic end-of-the year.

I would be quite interested to join, if you haven't already met!
Especially if it is kings of war, I could bring join with undead or dwaves.

Lets me know

Eilif wrote:Welcome Nikolas,
Sounds like your ready to go! As you can see in the other threads, we're looking at an early January date for our next meeting. Hope you can make it.
-Tim

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:20 am

Hi Nikolas,
Song of Shadows and Dust warbands number usually only 5 or 6 miniatures. I have three painted up. One is a political gang with a leader, two henchmen, a bodyguard and an assassin. I also have a number of G.W. fantasy miniatures that I use for games such as Song of Blades and Heroes, Mordheim and Warhammer Fantasy skirmish.
Michael

manic _miner
Basecoated

Postby manic _miner » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:18 pm

Hi

My name is Andrew and i am in the UK.

I have been a miniatures addict since childhood.Like most i started off with the plastic 1/72 scale Airfix and Matchbox figures.Then got hold of some of the Britans toy soldiers/knights range.Then the metal phase started with Dixon,Citadel,Ral Partha and Hinchcliffe.

After that lot it became easier to track down shop's selling different miniatures ranges and rules sets.Also being able to buy more of the Citadel fantasy range including the RuneQuest box sets.I loved them and had most of them.What is not to like about Duck warriors ;).

I picked up some Wreck Age miniatures from Eilif AKA Karl from his sale thread on LAF.

He pointed me to the Blog and posts on this group for inspiration and pictures of the miniatures and terrain that is used in the games.

Very inspiring to see the miniatures painted up and on the tabletop.

I asked Karl if any other members had any Wreck Age miniatures that they dont use and he mentioned buying from some members the miniatures that i got from him.If any one has any miniatures that they would like to move on please let me know.Wreck Age is a game that did not get retailers over here selling the range.

Tried to message Matt and Anton to see if they have any miniatures and other things for sale from the game setting.No luck so far though.

Also started to get into another older game.Rezolution which has some nice factions and miniatures.

I also have a small miniatures venture called Four A miniatures.Mostly Fantasy and Sci-Fi 28mm scale figures.There are also some 15mm figures done.Been really lucky to have the chance to have pieces done by Jim Bowen,who got me started with the whole thing.Matt Gubser,Kev Adams,Paul Muller,Martin Baker,Adam Gayford,Phil Lewis and others that i cant remember at the moment.

At the moment i have been on with MDF terrain kits that are keeping me busy.A mix of ranges including TTCombat,Warsenal,Uncertain scenery and Micro Art.One thing i have been doing is trying to make terrain out of the MDF sprues.This has been interesting as i have not done much in the way of scratch building.There are three of these scratch builds on the go at the moment.A sort of Post Apoc type try that has been fun to figure-out what can be used where.Good job i have various bits boxes around the place from years of collecting and hording ;).

Cheers

Andy C.

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:16 pm

Welcome to the forum, Andrew. I'll have to check out your miniatures. Definitely let us know if you ever visit Chicago.

I'm guessing any official Wreck Age contact info is not being monitored. Send me your email (see my email link in my profile) and i will poke Anton to get back to you. If you have a list of stuff you are looking for, that would help too.
-Tim

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:36 pm

Hi Andrew,
Glad to see you over here. Hopefully you'll find some WreckAge. Feel free to comment or ask questions about any other Wargame topic as well.
Be well.
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

manic _miner
Basecoated

Postby manic _miner » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:37 pm

Thanks for the welcome Tim and Karl.

Dropped you a message Tim ;).

I am sure to ask a lot of questions about all sorts of games.

Been in the hobby for quite a few Years now with being born in 1970.

Visiting the US would be great.Would love to go to some of the wargames shows over there.

roofuskit
Primed

Postby roofuskit » Tue May 09, 2023 9:12 am

Hello All,

My name is Kevin. I live in Oak Park just west of Chicago. I have been an avid Boardgamer for many years enjoying the heavier variety when get a chance to play them. I have dabbled in RPGs and 2 years ago started painting D&D minis to run a campaign for my wife and kid. That go me into the miniatures hobby and so I started an army for Warhammer Age of Sigmar (Kruleboyz). I attended Adepticon '23 and participated in a beginner's tournament, played some pickup games and demoed a bunch of new to me games like Shatterpoint, Battletech Alpha Strike, and Warcry. I am eager to get some more games in. I don't know anyone locally that plays wargames. The area where I live seems to be a bit of a wargaming desert. The closest stores I can find with thriving wargame communities are at least 40 minutes away in good traffic, so I am looking to meet people closer and hopefully find the local community that is hidden here somewhere.

Return to “Non-Gaming talk”