Introduce yourself

Discuss anything unrelated to gaming...
timlillig
Huemaster

Introduce yourself

Postby timlillig » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:45 am

Although many of us already know each other, I figure an introduction thread would be a good idea.

I'm Tim, one of the founding members of CSW. I've been playing miniatures, board, and rpg games for basically my whole life. I also enjoy paining and other creative pursuits.

In other areas of life, I work in libraries and museums.
-Tim

jlopatin
Karled

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby jlopatin » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:10 am

I am Josh, one of the core CSW members, and the forum administrator.

Post apoc gaming is what excites me the most, but I also enjoy scifi and fantasy. Board games, too!

I am a recording engineer/record producer, and avid video gamer as well.
- Josh

msears
Game Designer

Postby msears » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:54 am

Matt. I am rarely at CSWG stuff but I love you guys all the same. I still rock the dice bag.

I work in payroll and have bad allergies.

mpc2160
Wild Thing

Postby mpc2160 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:40 am

Howdy! I'm Mike and I don't get out gaming nearly as much as I used to. But I used to be a core member before jobs happened. My games of interest include Warhammer 40k, Age of Sigmar, Colonial Battlefleet, Full Thrust, and Naval Thunder. But I'll play just about anything once.

PatrickWR
Blogmaster Emeritus

Postby PatrickWR » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:40 am

I'm Pat, a founding member of CSW and also the blog editor!

I play wargames and MTG, and have quite a history of playing RPGs too. I love painting minis and building terrain and crafting narrative scenarios and battle reports. The story element of gaming is the most fun part for me. It's probably the old RPG diehard in me, I guess.

xnickbaranx
Game Designer

Postby xnickbaranx » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:56 pm

I'm Nick. I've only met a few of the CSW crew through a couple of Wreck-Age events and AdeptiCon.

I fell in love with gaming in grade school and had it in my head that I was going to be a game designer for TSR until I discovered playing in punk rock bands and did a 20 year detour where that became my primary focus in life.

Full time investment in punk rock has run it's course for me and briefly working with the Wreck-Age guys rekindled my love for game design so I'm making a go at that. I ran a KS for a skirmish wargame called Broken Contract and have a couple other designs of other game types in development.

I love all sorts of games and have a ton of wargaming scenery for 40K, WFB, Broken Contract, etc and forces for most GW games. I also like board and card games like Settlers, Zombicide, Pandemic, Coup... Even traditional games like Rummy.
Broken Contract Design Blog: http://brokencontract.blogspot.com

Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Postby Jackswift » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:08 pm

Welcome Nick. Looking forward to the broken contract minis.

Morning Gents. Jon here. Let's see... I've been gaming for roughly the past 15 years, and with CSW since fairly early on back in 2011. I originally got into gaming purely for the conversion, and modelling aspects. Scratch-building remains my favorite part of the hobby, though I do occasionally lay down paint so I can run my creations across the table-top. I especially like large scale 28mm models such as tanks, titans, mechs, aircraft, ships, dragons, and monsters. My genres of preference are Sci-Fi both high tech (Alpha Strike, Mech Attack, Warpath, Ogre, Full Thrust, ITEN and the like), and low-tech\steampunk sci-fi (Dark Age, Eden, Post Apoc skirmish). Cheers!

Chivenger
Details and Drybrush

Postby Chivenger » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:10 am

I'm Terrence. I came for the Mexh Attack and stayed for the rest.
I've mostly played collectible mins games. More recently, I've dabbled in painting and want to do more. Eventually I'll work up some terrain.
I like Power Legion and Song of Blades and Heroea and am looking forward to playing Counterblast as well as any other ruleaets the group tries.

Mike.Messenger
Basecoated

Postby Mike.Messenger » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:38 pm

I made it! One of CSW's multitude of Mikes, I am not so much an original as I am a foundling member. Buddies with Tim from a long ago Hordes of the Things campaign, CSW impressed the heck out of me when you started meeting at my FLGS. Figures in paint, competition and fun in equal measures; what's not to like?

Were the club to put it to a vote, I'm the one most likely to bring figures painted by someone else. ;) And while I can live with that, I am looking forward to creating my own "what am I working on" post.

Disclaimer: I work for Games Plus, Chicagoland hobby venue extraordinaire and occasional meeting site for CSW, and I'm not above the occasional commercial post. But I do keep them to a minimum.

Srysemus
Primed

Postby Srysemus » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:39 pm

Hi I'm Steve. I don't game as much as I would like. I am currently the events manager, webmaster, and newsletter editor for the Historical Miniatures Gamino Society Midwest chapter. Responsible for the Little Wars Gaming con each April. Cut my teeth on AD&D, and then moved into minis. Started out on the demo team for Shockforce game. Now I mostly play 20mm Force on Force by Ambush Alley.

Return to “Non-Gaming talk”