Introduce yourself

Discuss anything unrelated to gaming...
timlillig
Huemaster

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby timlillig » Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:00 am

HI James,

I'm also in Jefferson Park. So, if you want to figure out a local game, that would be cool.

I've been enjoying using my 40k minis to play Grimdark future lately.

We do some mech and spaceship games, but I'm not familiar with those ones in particular.
-Tim

Nostromo218
Primed

Postby Nostromo218 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:02 pm

Hi Tim,

Cool to know you are near by. Would like to try something, sometime. I have a weird schedule with rotating weekends, Do you have any specific availability?

James

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:54 am

Nostromo218 wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm James, I live in Jefferson Park and I'm here looking to Turnip...28.
A guy on the turnip 28 discord sent me here.

I've played a little bit of 40K, but ever other time I've tried to play, the rules have changed. (3 times now I think.)
I would also love to learn and play Battle Tech classic.

I've played a bunch of X-wing and picked up Snap Ships, don't know if those are quite in the wheel house here though. But if there are, and if anyone here is familiar with Crimson Skies or Atherstream Interceptor, I'd like to talk to you.

Thank you for letting me in....

James

Hi James,
Thanks for stopping in. As you've seen, we've got a couple folks doing their toes in Turnip and one member in your neighborhood. There may be possibilities for other games you mention.

I'd be curious to give snap ships a try. My son has allot of the toys. I'm not a fan of classic Battletech, but I like Alpha Strike. The club has allot of 10mm Mecha figures.

As regards 40k, lots of us have history with the game and many armies, but we've almost all abandoned the GW 40k rules in favor of the free Grimdark Future from One Page Rules. A very fast paced, easy game that still captures the fun and pulpy feel of 40k with allot less time, effort and money. It's been on the table at a couple recent club nights.

Hope you can make it out to a club night, but even if not, feel free to use the group to setup other gaming. Note that we always try to have extra armies to share, so if you don't have figs for a game we're playing that should not be an obstacle.

Be well,
Karl
Organizer, CSW
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

Nostromo218
Primed

Postby Nostromo218 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:17 pm

Quick question. The cswforumadmin account keeps sending me the same welcome message daily, is it supposed to do that?

James

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:45 pm

Nostromo218 wrote:Quick question. The cswforumadmin account keeps sending me the same welcome message daily, is it supposed to do that?

James

I don't think that should happen. I'll see what I can do about that. Is it a DM or an email?
-Tim

Nostromo218
Primed

Postby Nostromo218 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:25 pm

Dm, I'm getting at least one a day

Wadtomaton
Primed

Postby Wadtomaton » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:49 am

Hello All!

My name is Ed, I met Josh at Dragonfall a few weeks ago and he suggested I check you all out.

The main games I play right now are Warcry and Battletech.

I also have some 40k stuff for Combat Patrol, though in the welcome email it was mentioned people were getting down more with OPR recently. I have the Grimdark Future Firefight full pdf, just haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

I also played Dropfleet Commander with some friends briefly, but that fell by the wayside for various reasons.

jlopatin
Karled

Postby jlopatin » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:27 am

Welcome Ed!
- Josh

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:46 pm

Wadtomaton wrote:Hello All!

My name is Ed, I met Josh at Dragonfall a few weeks ago and he suggested I check you all out.

I also have some 40k stuff for Combat Patrol, though in the welcome email it was mentioned people were getting down more with OPR recently. I have the Grimdark Future Firefight full pdf, just haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

I also played Dropfleet Commander with some friends briefly, but that fell by the wayside for various reasons.

Hi Ed,
Glad Josh directed you our way. Hope to see you at a game night some time. We have indeed been playing alot of Grimdark Future. I bet some folks might be willing to try firefight and we've got lots of options also for bumping your force up to a full army for regular Grimdark Future. What force(s) do you have? We've also played some Alpha Strike in the past as well.

Feel free to use this forum to setup other games as well. I'm not certain, but we might have a warcry player as well.

Be well,
Karl
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

Wadtomaton
Primed

Postby Wadtomaton » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:17 pm

Eilif wrote:
Wadtomaton wrote:Hello All!

Hi Ed,
Glad Josh directed you our way. Hope to see you at a game night some time. We have indeed been playing alot of Grimdark Future. I bet some folks might be willing to try firefight and we've got lots of options also for bumping your force up to a full army for regular Grimdark Future. What force(s) do you have? We've also played some Alpha Strike in the past as well.

Feel free to use this forum to setup other games as well. I'm not certain, but we might have a warcry player as well.

Be well,
Karl

I don't really have any forces made for it up to this point, but model wise, I have a bunch of space marines and orkz, so that is likely where I'd start.

I've been curious on standard Grimdark Future as well, Uncle Adam from Tabletop Minions has been looking at it a bit and mentioned it seems like the # of models needed to get a force up and running is a lot less for GDF compared to 40k, which is appealing for sure.

Return to “Non-Gaming talk”