Talk to me about photo hosting...

Discuss anything unrelated to gaming...
Mike.Messenger
Basecoated

Talk to me about photo hosting...

Postby Mike.Messenger » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:18 pm

Toy soldiers require pretty pictures. I have a camera and can coax the occasional worthwhile image from it. I'm even comfortable moving said photos from device to device. But getting the photos from camera to somewhere I can use them, in a forum post for instance, is a skill that eludes me.

Would anyone like to talk me through the process? Or point to instructions comprehensible to the average Luddite? To possibly skip a step, I do have a Gmail account, and therefore access to the rest of the world of google apps. If it has an impact, I'm on the Windows side of the OS fence, and the camera/phone is Android.

Thanks!

Eilif
Toybasher

Re: Talk to me about photo hosting...

Postby Eilif » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:24 pm

-Plug your camera or your memory card into your computer.
-To host photos here on CSW, simply start a topic and while you're composing it, click on the "attachments" tab at the bottom of the text box.
-Click "add Files" button
-Select your photos and they will automatically load and appear below your text box box.
-then you can select where to put them in your message. When you click the "insert" button it will put the picture where ever your cursor happens to be in your message.

If you want to post the pics elsewhere on a different forum, go to the message here on CSW, right cick and "copy image address" then paste that into the message you've posted elsewhere. Usually you will either have to click a "picture" or "IMG" button while posting or you can just paste it right onto the message with [img]before%20and[/img] after.
-Karl

Mike.Messenger
Basecoated

Postby Mike.Messenger » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:06 pm

Are there size/storage considerations I should keep in mind? Or will our web/blogmaster give a gentle nudge when space issues develop?

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:18 am

You'd have to ask Josh for specifics. However I think I recall him saying that we have ALOT of space and I know he was actively encouraging members to host their photos here, so you should be good.

If your files are huge you can always insert them as thumbnails (there's a button for this after you upload them). Won't change the storage space, but at least the pages will load faster for those with slower internet.

Now show us the pictures!
-Karl

jlopatin
Karled

Postby jlopatin » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:42 am

We do not have any storage concerns. Files do need to be less than 5MB per image. If you post a very large picture, it will automatically create a thumbnail and resize it on the fly when you click on the image.

Unlimited space! go crazy!

p.s. I moved this thread out of tutorials. Let's keep that forum open for more hobby specific stuff!
- Josh

Return to “Non-Gaming talk”