Decals wanted

Buy/Sell/Trade

All deals are between the individuals, and CSW is not responsible or liable for anything that may happen.
Michael S.
Final Highlights

Decals wanted

Postby Michael S. » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:27 pm

Hi all,
I am using a spacecraft model to represent a Diesel Punk / Alternative History German submarine. Does anyone have any decals from a German WWII airplane or tank that they would like to sell or trade? I have been to a couple of hobby shops and no one is selling separate decals. I was even thinking of buying a WWII German plane just for the decals, but some of the models are going for around $30.00, way too much to just get the decals. Thanks.
Michael

jlopatin
Karled

Re: Decals wanted

Postby jlopatin » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:45 am

Hey Michael

I do not have decals, but I know where you need to go. Here in Oak Lawn, there is a shop called M&Models... They will have what you are looking for. That sort of stuff is their specialty.

It is a neat little place. Be warned that they will talk your ear off FOREVER if you let them!

http://www.mmodelstore.com

They may not have it on the website, but I bet they will in store...
- Josh

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:08 pm

I'll check my decal stock and get back to you.

However, one option that I know I have is some Black Templar Space Marine decals from GW. Their symbol is the Iron cross. I Probably have both vehicle and miniature decals. You could have them for free. Would that help?
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:44 pm

I'll check what I have too. One of my walkers is made from parts of a German armored car. I forget if it had decals or not.
-Tim

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:21 pm

Hi Guys,
Thank you very much for replying to my request. Josh I will try to stop by there to check it out. I have an eye doctor appointment on the 20th and will be in the area.

Thank you Karl for the kind offer. I hate to be particular, but since it is already an alternative history project I wanted it to look more 30s / 40s German military and so would like the later cross design.

Thank you Tim for looking.
Michael

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:18 pm

Hey Mike,
I went through my decals and I had alot of nationalities and styles, but no German. Sorry.

Good luck at the model shop though, I'm pretty sure you'll find what you need there.
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:20 pm

Hi Karl,
Thank you very much for looking. I checked the hours on the hobby shop and they are only open about 3 hours in the late afternoon and my doctor appointment is at 9:30:( I will have to see when I can be in Oak Lawn again at that time.

By the way, you said you had other nationalities. By any chance do you have Soviet red stars? Another project I am working on is Pulp gaming. I am probably going to use’ Fear and Faith’ for this although ‘Flying Lead’ has some pulp elements in it too. So far I have Factory Wargaming figures. I forget what they are called, but they have long coats, German style helmets and gasmasks and G.W. Bretonin figures who I am converting to look like Imperial Guards / British / early WWI style U.S. troops I am painting in Khaki. For vehicles I have the ‘sub’ which is the old cylon raiders’ spaceship model, a Studebaker 1930s ambulance, a Blower Bentley auto and a Soviet Polikarpov I-16 fighter. If I do up some buildings, flags, containers etc. for all this I may be able to use red stars as well as German crosses.

Lastly if you haven’t seen it already there is a miniatures company that sells just pulp figures, pulpfigures.com they have some great models and scenery ideas / examples!
Thanks again.
Michael

Return to “Marketplace”