Mantic Warpath (10mm Sci-Fi) Kickstarter. Group buy CANCELED.

Buy/Sell/Trade

All deals are between the individuals, and CSW is not responsible or liable for anything that may happen.
Eilif
Toybasher

Mantic Warpath (10mm Sci-Fi) Kickstarter. Group buy CANCELED.

Postby Eilif » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:46 am

UPDATE I'm withdrawing my suggestion for a group buy. The delivery date is in 2025, the scale of the vehicles is off and I think I'd be better off just buying some infantry for my factions off ebay.

Hey Folks
Anyone interested in the Mantic Warpath Kickstarter? Looks like they're spinning off Warpath as it's own 10/11mm (same scale as our Mechwarrior minis) kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ma ... uve_backed

I'm waffling as whether or not to go in for the rules too, but compared to any other 10mm sci-fi brand, the $35gbp "Plastic Core Army" packs are a staggering value for acquiring infantry and vehicles to go with the Mechs we already have. At minimum I'll be in for one core army, if only to provide the infantry and vehicles for my Liao force.

Interestingly, the add-on figure options beyond the core set are available as resin or as STL's...

Let me know if any of you are interested and we can see if/what group buy would make sense.
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

timlillig
Huemaster

Re: Mantic Warpath (10mm Sci-Fi) Kickstarter. Group buy?

Postby timlillig » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:54 pm

I'm wondering how useful it would be. We have not really used infantry or vehicles that much. Are you thinking of getting the humans, or do the elves fit Liao better?
-Tim

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:25 am

I'm thinking the "Enforcer" humans. I may pickup the Space Dwarves too just because I like Squats.

It's true we haven't used alot of infantry recently. If we play more Alpha Strike or Mech Attack, I'd like to do what I usually do with Mech Attack convention game scenarios and make infantry the objective seizing and holding units. That simple change makes infantry, APC's and even APC-hunting tanks useful in a way they aren't usually in Mech-centric games.

What I'm really hoping for is that the Warpath KS stretch goal or later release a "Corporation" faction for basic troops in Body Armor. If you have troops in Body Armor, Heavy Armor, a few Heavy Weapon options and maybe some power armor too, you've basically covered all the bases for infantry in Mech Attack and Alpha Strike.
-Karl

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:33 pm

Hey Karl,
I see that Alpha Strike is 10mm so I may be interested in some infantry to stat out my Alpha Strike force. The enforcers look like they would fit with Alpha Strike. The Plague miniatures look interesting, but I don’t see them fitting into the Alpha Strike universe.
Michael

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:38 pm

Michael S. wrote:Hey Karl,
I see that Alpha Strike is 10mm so I may be interested in some infantry to stat out my Alpha Strike force. The enforcers look like they would fit with Alpha Strike. The Plague miniatures look interesting, but I don’t see them fitting into the Alpha Strike universe.
Michael

Cool.
I kind of expected that most folks interested would be going for Enforcers.

If you just wanted an Enforcers core army, your total would be about 44 bucks(maybe a bit less) plus 1/3 of whatever the shipping cost is.

If one more person buys in, I'll commit to buying a second army as well which would kick us up to the next 4-army pledge level and bring the cost per person down further.
-Karl

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:03 pm

Hi Karl,
I am sorry, I don’t want a whole army, I was thinking if anyone would like to split one. I was looking for just a handful of infantry to fill out an Alpha Strike force.
Thanks,
Michael

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:44 pm

No worries Michael. Maybe someone will take you up on that.
-Karl

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:49 pm

I'm rethinking my involvement in this KS. I was thrilled that regular humans (GCPS) and Orks will probably be released, but now it turns out the vehicles are undersized.

I'm no longer interested in getting multiple factions but it may be worth it for the human infantry alone (It's ALOT of infantry) so I may be interested in picking up GCPS (if they are released) and Enforcers and splitting them with 2 or 3 others. I think 3 people could split 2 armies (GPCS and Enforcers or two Enforcers if GPCS is not reached) troops in a variety of weapon loadouts.

Let me know if this interests anyone. A 3-person split of 2 boxes would get it down to about $30 per person plus shipping. Might be possible to split it even further if some participants had more limited wants.
-Karl

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:16 am

Hi Karl,
The humans (GCPS) or Enforcers sound good. From looking at the units for Alpha Strike it appears that about 5 figures on a base equals around 20 to 30 points. With that I was thinking that I could use about 30 or so miniatures, however much that comes out to be, to flesh out a unit for the game.

You said that the vehicles are undersized? Are the miniatures still 10MM?
Thanks,
Michael

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:30 am

Michael S. wrote:Hi Karl,
The humans (GCPS) or Enforcers sound good. From looking at the units for Alpha Strike it appears that about 5 figures on a base equals around 20 to 30 points. With that I was thinking that I could use about 30 or so miniatures, however much that comes out to be, to flesh out a unit for the game.

You said that the vehicles are undersized? Are the miniatures still 10MM?
Thanks,
Michael

The humans have been confirmed to be 10mm to the eye for regular humans and 11mm to the eye for the Enforcers. The vehicles are currently rather undersized. Mantic has apparently said they will increase the size of the vehicles if they can, but if we do a group buy, we should just expect that it is likely the vehicles will be undersized. Here's the best picture we have so far of the comparisons between vehicles and infantry.

They look more like 6mm to me. From where I sit, it looks like if used in 10mm the grav tanks/APC's could be small attack vehicles and the Plague Mule 4 wheelers (likely will be part of the GPCS as well) could be buggies, but I'm not wild about them at the smaller scale.
-Karl

Return to “Marketplace”