Sci-Fi Train Before Paint.

Show us your painted mans!
Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:58 am

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Here are a few pre-painted pictures today of a project that I've wanted to do for years. A 28mm Sci-Fi Train! The train is made up of an Engine from a Caterpillar brand construction toy train and the cars from a Pixar toy train.  Both were found at different resale shops some months apart. The engine was a particularly easy build.  After removing the "Caterpillar" decals I did was add a few panels to the sides, doors to the front and back and a small standing platform in the rear. The platform on the rear end and on all the other cars' ends ...

Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Re: Sci-Fi Train Before Paint.

Postby Jackswift » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:23 am

Nice Karl. These are going to look Ace! on your Necromunda table with the train station.

jlopatin
Karled

Re: Sci-Fi Train Before Paint.

Postby jlopatin » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:42 am

Karl, we really need a modern train for post apoc also... imagine the trailer park with a train track running through it. I really want this. (you know... i have a birthday coming up...)
- Josh

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:03 am

Josh,
I've got two stock Lionel trains. I'd be happy to bring one over for any battle.
A 60/70's Amtrak and a Steam powered freight train.

Train cars are easy and rather cheap, but a realistic modern engine is the crux of doing affordable train terrain. The CAT was a good find, but it too big and not accurate. Even a used modern engine costs more than the entire train above.

Return to “Photo Gallery”