Sci-fi infantry

Show us your painted mans!
PatrickWR
Blogmaster Emeritus

Sci-fi infantry

Postby PatrickWR » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:35 am

As many of you know, I am a huge fan of the sci-fi figures from Pig Iron Productions. Here are a couple small squads from their "Kolony Militia" figure line.

PatrickWR
Blogmaster Emeritus

Re: Sci-fi infantry

Postby PatrickWR » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:36 am

And here is a newly painted figure from Ratnik Miniatures ... he is called an "assassin," but he could easily work as a squad leader, sniper or forward observer.

PatrickWR
Blogmaster Emeritus

Postby PatrickWR » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:38 am

These are a couple female troopers from Hasslefree. I really like them because they don't have the typical ostentatious armor and proportions that characterizes the female form in most minis games. Their armor and poses look fairly functional and realistic.

PatrickWR
Blogmaster Emeritus

Postby PatrickWR » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:02 pm

Last one! Here are three character models perched atop some really amazing resin bases that I picked up at the Games Plus auction last year. They were unpainted, not labeled and I have no clue where they came from.

The figures themselves are (from left): Pig Iron Kolony Militia, Reaper Chronoscope (trying to be a Gears of War guy) and Warhammer 40k Vostroyan (some of my favorite recent 40k sculpts)

Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Postby Jackswift » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:57 am

Pat, the paint jobs on these came out awesome, and the basing makes the models even more dynamic. An eclectic grouping of miniatures that would work beautifully on the tabletop as part of the same force. One comment, I believe the two female troopers with the more realistic proportions and armor are "Hasslefree" miniatures models.

PatrickWR
Blogmaster Emeritus

Postby PatrickWR » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:00 am

Good catch! I edited my post above, and will edit the blog post too.

Return to “Photo Gallery”