Shadow War Armageddon?

Anything gaming related is fair game.
Eilif
Toybasher

Shadow War Armageddon?

Postby Eilif » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:55 am

Just wanted to see if there's any interest in this ruleset. I haven't bought a new GW product in years, but a Necromunda-based game allowing me to use the figs I've already got in a warband-skirmish context is too tempting to pass up.

I'm not buying the boxed game (I don't need more terrain, orks or Marines), but it looks like a full rulebook -that includes a wide vareity of army lists- is coming out next month and despite what I'm sure will be ridiculous pricing, I'm going to buy it.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... able-soon/

Anybody else interested enough to play this? Anyone interested enough to entertain the possibility of a campaign?
-Karl

timlillig
Huemaster

Re: Shadow War Armageddon?

Postby timlillig » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:02 am

I would try it. From what I've heard, the basic game play is very much like Necromunda but the campaign is much simpler.
-Tim

jlopatin
Karled

Postby jlopatin » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:19 am

The army lists document is available on the web site:

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf

It looks like the only way to get the rules is to buy the box set.
- Josh

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:24 am

jlopatin wrote:The army lists document is available on the web site:

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf

It looks like the only way to get the rules is to buy the box set.

For now. In the link I posted, GW is announcing pre-order on the 22nd of a separate, larger rulebook.
-Karl

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:26 am

timlillig wrote:I would try it. From what I've heard, the basic game play is very much like Necromunda but the campaign is much simpler.

That's about what I've heard.
If enough club members are interested, I'd volunteer to GM a campagin to add a bit of depth and unique narrative. This is the kind of thing I could really sink my teeth into.
-Karl

gattz
Final Highlights

Postby gattz » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:34 pm

Interest - rising. Im kind of kicking myself for not preordering when I had the chance, the box set itself seems to be a good value, even if I'm not the biggest enthusiast for Orks and Space Marines. It will be interesting to see where they go with other factions, maybe an excuse to look ar some Mechanicus figs.

I'll miss the setting of actual Necromunda though. It had a gritty, cyberpunk/biopunk feel that 40k doesn't quite get.

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:17 pm

gattz wrote:Interest - rising. Im kind of kicking myself for not preordering when I had the chance, the box set itself seems to be a good value, even if I'm not the biggest enthusiast for Orks and Space Marines. It will be interesting to see where they go with other factions, maybe an excuse to look ar some Mechanicus figs.

I'll miss the setting of actual Necromunda though. It had a gritty, cyberpunk/biopunk feel that 40k doesn't quite get.

The scenery in the boxed set is cool, but the separate book that is coming out has more content and more army lists.

I agree about the Necromunda setting being great. If you're interested, I'm always up for a game of Necromunda (I've got extra gangs to share) and if I did a Shadow War Campaign, it'd proabably be more Eisenhorn than Armageddon.
-Karl

Fiveangels
Basecoated

Postby Fiveangels » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:36 am

I would be up for this, probably run a Genestealer cult or Chaos, but have the pieces to do Guard or Marines if necessary.
Blade Runner fanatic

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:07 am

Genestealer would be great. I was almost tempted to purchase the recent board game just for the cool genestealer figs.
-Karl

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:29 pm

I preordered the book from Games Plus. I'm looking forward to trying it out.
-Tim

Return to “Let's talk about games!”