Konflikt '47 British Army Starter set. A Brief Unboxering...

Show us your painted mans!
Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:11 pm

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

After that awful title pun perhaps I should make an additional joke about the dangers of going Commando but this is a family friendly blog so I digress... Anyway, the club has pretty much gone all-in for Konflikt '47. Two weeks ago Josh introduced the game to Tim and a couple days ago they introduced it to Mattias and I. Chris (Germans), Tim (Soviets) and I (British) ordered starter and Mattias is already dreaming of working a Quar army into the game! What follows is a basic unboxing of the British Army Starter Set I just acquired. I did forget to take ...

jlopatin
Karled

Re: Konflikt '47 British Army Starter set. A Brief Unboxering...

Postby jlopatin » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:13 pm

awesome! I can't wait to see these guys done.

I started working on gas-mask toting marines today, and I've also got an anti tank gun emplacement, and some more heavy troopers, and airborne rangers to work on!
- Josh

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:12 am

Thanks!
I've already started assembling them and the West Wind heads look great on the Warlord bodies. I've ordered one more box of standard British infantry.

I've got West Wind masked beret heads for an airborne platoon also so I'm debating purchasing an airborne kit now and doing all my infantry at once. What's another 75 figs in the painting queue?

jlopatin
Karled

Postby jlopatin » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:35 am

that's why I am speed painting mine. I won't be rushing to get these 47 new guys on the table, though!
- Josh

gattz
Final Highlights

Postby gattz » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:50 pm

Gah. Seems like so many troops. We'll play this sometime in 2019. ;D
Outside the starter box, Ive got some werewolves and vampires (2-3 ea), another light walker, heavy troops (8?) And some falcon troops (also like 8 or 10ish.) Are you guys buying duplicate packs here or...?

jlopatin
Karled

Postby jlopatin » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:40 pm

Besides the us starter, I have purchased a light walker, a medium walker, a Jeep, 2 marine sprues (12 guys), an anti tank gun, a pack of 5 heavy troopers, and a box of airborne rangers (30 dudes!).

You should have plenty. I am just having fun assembling. Usually the part I hate!
- Josh

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:52 am

Wow, you guys bought in big! In addition to the British starter I only bought one box of British troops that I'll be putting turbaned heads on to make a Sikh platoon.

Gattz,
While we'll surely try bigger battles also, remember that a standard game is only 1000 points. I tallied up the points and my boxed set and the incoming additional box of troops -with hardly any upgrades at all- is already over 1200.

I do plan to eventually do one more box of Paratroopers, but that's just because I like the minis. Beyond that, I'm not sure. My assumption is that the expansion will have rules for heavy mechs for all factions and I've got plenty of options in my minis collection for alternative mech minis.

Josh,
Assembly is fun with these guys. I finished assembling my standard infantry platoon last night. Now the vehicles...

Return to “Photo Gallery”