Destroyed Mech Markers for Mech Attack

Learn how to do stuff!
timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:48 am

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Each time that the club has gotten out our big mechs for a game of Mech Attack in 28mm, we have discussed leaving destroyed mechs on the board or making markers to represent the wreckage.  I made these basic wreck markers using the same technique as the plaster wrecked cars I made some time ago. Each one is molded from a different piece of one of my mechs, so you might be able to recognize each piece's origins in our old battle reports.  After making the plaster reproduction, I attached each one to an old CD and added textured modeling paste, ...

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:35 am

Nice job Tim,
Maybe I could bring by some of my mechs sometime and we could make ruins of them?

Chivenger
Details and Drybrush

Re: Destroyed Mech Markers for Mech Attack

Postby Chivenger » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:45 am

So I have some mold making material that I won at Adepticon last year. I might be persuaded to bring it and make some Mech molds for future terrain pieces.

I would not feel right making molds of figures for play, but for terrain, I see less of a problem with that.

Who would be interested in this?

timlillig
Huemaster

Re: Destroyed Mech Markers for Mech Attack

Postby timlillig » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:36 pm

Karl, that would be great.

Terrance, I'm sure I could figure out something fun to do with that mold making rubber, probably not make more crashed mechs though.
-Tim

Return to “Tutorials”