Wow. This table sets a new level

Anything gaming related is fair game.
Chivenger
Details and Drybrush

Wow. This table sets a new level

Postby Chivenger » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:55 am

This is an amazing table. And looks to be a private owner, not a game company's diorama.

http://nerdist.com/behold-the-most-amaz ... r-created/

jlopatin
Karled

Re: Wow. This table sets a new level

Postby jlopatin » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:16 pm

I saw this a while back. It is super cool, but isn't terribly modular. I'd get bored after a while!

Then again, making terrain and setting up tables is my favorite part of gaming.
- Josh

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:59 pm

It does look like it comes apart into smaller pieces. There are seams all over the place and the trees, buildings, fields, etc... each look like they based individually or in small groups. So, it is not just the diorama shown, but would probably also function for games.

It is a lot of Dwarven Forge and Tabletop World pieces, plus some Hirst Arts and lots of railroad trees. Any guesses on where the sand colored castle pieces come from? I'm not really seeing anything there that is original modeling work. I don't say that to detract it. it is amazing. It is very well painted, but something anyone with a few thousand dollars to spend could recreate. I think I have played on equally wonderful tables with this group, with more personality and variety.
-Tim

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:01 pm

Cool! I'd never seen this before.

Tim and Josh do make good points but quantity does have a quality all it's own!

I like the gentle landscaping and water works. Looking closer, It does appear that almost everything is separate and moveable, but nicely based so that it almost looks permanent. I also like the consistency of quality across the whole thing. Everything is done well.

I do think that many of our layouts have come close, but it does inspire me to up my game just a bit. Guess it's time to get to work on those city block/sidewalk sections for my sci-fi city...
-Karl

Return to “Let's talk about games!”