Want to Own Frasier Thomas's train set?

Buy/Sell/Trade

All deals are between the individuals, and CSW is not responsible or liable for anything that may happen.
Chivenger
Details and Drybrush

Want to Own Frasier Thomas's train set?

Postby Chivenger » Tue May 15, 2018 10:03 am

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/w ... story.html

Maybe someone here has connections to some local train clubs. Sounds like a lot of love went into this display. I remember seeing a similar basement set up at an estate sale where I picked up, some decent hobby supplies.

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Re: Want to Own Frasier Thomas's train set?

Postby Michael S. » Tue May 15, 2018 1:02 pm

Hi,
Interesting article. I wonder if the woman contacted the Museum of Science and Industry. They have their large train set which I remember when I was a kid. I know they most likely would not be able to incorporate it with their existing set, but maybe they could set it up on its own as part of Chicago’s T.V. history.
Michael

Eilif
Toybasher

Re: Want to Own Frasier Thomas's train set?

Postby Eilif » Tue May 15, 2018 8:11 pm

Interesting.
Unfortunately it, like most old railroads will probably get dismantled and destroyed. Someone will probably end up taking away the trains and the structures, but sadly the benchwork and hand-laid track is probably headed for the bin.

Mike C will probably have more insight than I but model railroading has come a long way in the past 35 years and the layout seems fairly dated. Would probably take some work to get it running.
-Karl

Return to “Marketplace”