west suburbs - looking casual for wm/h, SoBH or ASoBH game

Anything gaming related is fair game.
xmagellanx
Primed

west suburbs - looking casual for wm/h, SoBH or ASoBH game

Postby xmagellanx » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:38 pm

Hi All,

I've been gaming for a while and have just recently gotten into SoBH in the last 6 months.. it is a brilliantly simple system that I'm really enjoying. I'm looking to see if anyone would be interested in a SoBH, ASoBH, or warmahordes game out in western burbs. im in the naperville aurora area..

Thanks for the add!!

Greg

gattz
Final Highlights

Re: west suburbs - looking casual for wm/h, SoBH or ASoBH game

Postby gattz » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:04 pm

Welcome!
I know most of the core members are quite in to this game. I've played it twice with them and had some fun with the system (haha, outside of the roll to activate -_- grumble grumble). So, finding some casual games here shouldn't be ~too~ difficult once everyone gets their schedules in order.

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:23 pm

Hello Greg,
Welcome to the group. I play SOBH. I am in Bolingbrook.
Michael

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:08 pm

Hey Greg,
Welcome to the group. Naperville is a bit far for me right now, but glad to see that you may be able to get in a game with Michael.
-Karl

xmagellanx
Primed

Postby xmagellanx » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:24 pm

Bolingbrook is nice and close! I figured there has to be some people in the burbs out here. Do you have a group or are looking for a game?

Greg

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:40 pm

Hi,
The only group I am with is this one, other than playing with family or friends. I am looking to get more games in. What kind of schedule do you have?
Michael

xmagellanx
Primed

Postby xmagellanx » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:58 pm

Hey there.

I've got 3 little kiddos so I don't have a ton of extra time, but I do try to do some board gaming on Thursday nights with my brother in law. We just got done with a SoBH game where he throughly trounced me with an Emperor Palpatine led army. Weekends are tough unless in the evenings since most of my day is spent with the family. SoBH games don't take too long so that provides some flexibility on time.

What availability do you have? Would you want to grab a drink in the next couple weeks maybe? You can confirm I'm not a weirdo and we can talk shop.

:-P

Thanks,
Greg

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:36 pm

Hi Greg,
I am also busy a lot with family. Weeknights could work out as well as weekend evenings. If I read your email correctly you use SOBH with Star Wars miniatures?
Michael

xmagellanx
Primed

Postby xmagellanx » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:57 pm

My brother in law doesnt have any 28mm minis so he used some star wars figures in comparable scale for our game. He wanted to play a theme. I have a variety of alternative armies 28mm figures with most coming from fantasy genre. I play Cygnar in Warmachine, so I have a load of those as well.

Frankly, I'm am happy to play any genre, scenario, co-op, teams, or whatever. I've never played 40k but don't mind learning new games too! I'm not picky when it comes to it. I enjoy the strategic elements of tabletop gaming, good combat systems, and dice.

We are staying around here for the 4th, so my week should be pretty light. If you'd like to meet up, send me a PM! Otherwise, we can shoot for something in a couple weeks.

Thanks!
Greg

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:54 pm

The family schedule is sort of busy this week. If a day / evening open up I will let you know. If not we can shoot for something in a couple of weeks as you said. Thank you.
Michael

Return to “Let's talk about games!”