Post-Covid Kings of War?

Anything gaming related is fair game.
timlillig
Huemaster

Re: Post-Covid Kings of War?

Postby timlillig » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:27 pm

Here is an image to go with that army list.
-Tim

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:51 pm

Hi guys. I am glad to see people wanting to get back to gaming! I would like to try a fantasy army combat game. I have a large Chaos Army, medium sized Orc army and starting a human army, these are all G.W. miniatures. Besides Warhammer I also have the One Page Rules fantasy rules. I have Kings of War, but they are the older rules from about 2015. I will see if I can download the new rules. Michael

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:26 pm

Hey Tim,
Great Progress! I'm pretty useless for knowing what would be good additions to the army, but I think cavalry is always cool. Nice group shot.

Maybe we should go for 1750 instead of 2k? I'm struggling to get to 2k with my good guys. I finished the brush painting on the 40'ish foot troopers and I'm over halfway through my cav. As of this week it's probably finally warm enough that I can take them outside for the old-school emersion dip.

Mike,
Great to hear from you. It'd be fun to have you participate. I haven't heard from him, but if we reach out, maybe we could get Jon involved to get an even number of players. He's got a couple of painted fantasy armies.
-Karl

ClarkBelmont
Primed

Postby ClarkBelmont » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:30 am

Hello,

I’m new here, but I would love to learn Kings of War. When people start playing in person, would anyone be willing to play a small points, teaching game? I’ve played other games, and I’m reading the rules. I have the basics down, but would like an experienced player to help me with the nuances. I’ve got a few models and have ordered more supplies for an Undead army.

Thanks!

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:43 am

Hi (should I call you Clark, or is that a neighborhood reference?),

I'd be happy to play a smaller game when we get around to in person games again. I'm not quite ready for that yet.

We're not all that experienced either, so we'll be picking up nuances along with you. Karl and I, along with a few others on here, have played each of the previous editions a handful of times, but we have not played since 3rd edition came out.
-Tim

ClarkBelmont
Primed

Postby ClarkBelmont » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:44 am

Excellent. Thank you. Clark is fine. It’s a pseudonym, but I answer to it. I’ll keep checking in to see when the gaming starts.

Does anyone have advice for someone doing multibasing for the first time? I would like to set my army up with the PMC. I don’t know if I should start with troops and field multiple troops as regiments and hordes or build separate regiments and hordes. The time painting and building is a larger constraint than the cost.

Thanks!

Return to “Let's talk about games!”