Game Night Monday January 3rd POSTPONED!.

Anything gaming related is fair game.
Eilif
Toybasher

Game Night Monday January 3rd POSTPONED!.

Postby Eilif » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:52 am

UPDATE: JAN 3RD gaming Postponed!

Hey folks,
Looking to continue monthly game nights. With my schedule, Mondays are still best I think. To that end I propose Monday January 3rd from 6-9PM and continuing to game the first Monday of the month from 6-9PM thereafter with the second monday of the month as an alternate if I have a conflict.

I'm really enjoying fantasy battle games right now so KoW, Dragon Rampant or similar games are what I'm most interested in playing.

I welcome other folks playing whatever games they want to setup. I've been thinking alot about what a game group is. My biggest attraction to gaming is still minis and terrain. However, fellowship and good people is by far the best part of a group, so while minis will remain the main focus, I'm open to folks playing board or card games if that's their preference.

To that end, my sizable terrain and minis collection and board game wall are at you all's disposal for game nights.

Let me know what you all think about Jan 3rd and plans for the future.
-Karl

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Re: Game Night Monday January 3rd and discussion of future meetings.

Postby Michael S. » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:16 pm

Hi Karl,
Right now January 3rd looks good to me. Miniature gaming on great terrain is the best for me, although I do play and enjoy board games. Besides meeting some great guys with our group I really enjoy that to date we are a miniatures game group. I have played miniatures games with my family, but most do not have minis and I usually have to provide everything. I like that our group is made up of people who have their own gaming items and seem to enjoy miniatures gaming the most.
You said that fantasy battle gaming appeals to you right now. Would you consider playing Regiments or Age of Fantasy? Both are OPR versions of Warhammer Fantasy before Age of Sigmar. We could compare the games with KOW.
Michael S.

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:22 am

Thanks Mike,
I agree. I'm continuing on assuming that minis will continue to be the focus for myself and the group as a whole. I just know we may have a couple long-term members who may be drifting out of the minis space and I'd like the game nights to be open to them hanging and playing as well.

As for next month, I think Tim had a fantasy battle ruleset in mind for us to try. If not, I'd definitely be willing to give Age of Fantasy Regiments a try.
-Karl

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:05 pm

January 3 would work for me.

The game I was thinking of trying is called Mayhem (link to it on Wargame Vault)

I'd be up for trying that, or a One Page Rules game.
-Tim

harms
Basecoated

Postby harms » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:32 pm

timlillig wrote:January 3 would work for me.

The game I was thinking of trying is called Mayhem (link to it on Wargame Vault)

I'd be up for trying that, or a One Page Rules game.

If Mayhem, what scale and what size of force?

kevin

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:09 pm

Hi Kevin, I have not heard from you in quite a while. Hopefully you are doing well and we'll see you some time soon.

Anyway, I 'm thinking 28mm minis on the recommended 60mm squares for Mayhem. I was wondering if larger bases might be nice, like 3 or 4 inches, since minis made in the last 10 years don't fit on base sizes form the 70s. However, we're probably better off trying the recommended base size before tinkering with it too much. 200 crown armies are what it says to start with and that sounds good to me. Is anyone else interested?
-Tim

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Postby Michael S. » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:45 am

Hi Tim,
I would be interested, but I do not have rules for it. I don’t mind buying rules, but I like to see if we play a game more than just once or twice. I have a backlog of rules of games that I have played once or not at all. Because of that I like to see the level of interest in playing a game before I make the investment.
Thanks,
Michael

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:39 pm

Hey Guys,
Good to know the 3rd should work.

Kevin,
It's been a minute! Hope you can join us again.

Tim,
If you need an opponent, I'll give Mayhem a try. If someone else wants to do Mayhem with you I'd like to play KoW again. Can you send me the Mayhem rules? No worries if not, but if we play them and I like them, I'll buy them myself, if not I'll delete them.

Looking forward to this next meeting folks, should be a good one.
-Karl

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:01 pm

Sent you that, Karl. Let's play KoW this time, if that's your preference. Mayhem will be a bit more prep, so maybe we can try it next time?
-Tim

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:33 pm

Thanks Tim. I'll give it a read over and let you know.
-Karl

Return to “Let's talk about games!”