Survey about a second monthly meeting. Please comment.

Anything gaming related is fair game.
Eilif
Toybasher

Survey about a second monthly meeting. Please comment.

Postby Eilif » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:07 am

Hey folks,
Considering adding a second monthly game night maybe starting in September or October.
It would be the 4th week, but might not have to be Monday. If you're willing, please answer the following.

1. Are you interested in attending a second monthly meeting the 4th week of the month?

2. Would Monday and/or, Tuesday, and/or Thursday evenings work for you?

3. What would you like to do on a second club night? More campaign play? Other Wargames? Board/card games? Hobby/painting night?

4. I enjoy hosting these second Mondays and am willing to host twice monthly but we've also had interest in hosting from other members. Would you be willing to meet at other members homes on a 4th week meeting?
-Karl
Chicago Skirmish Wargames Organizer

Michael S.
Final Highlights

Re: Survey about a second monthly meeting. Please comment.

Postby Michael S. » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:41 pm

Hello Karl,

I would be interested in meeting twice a month if my schedule allows.

Monday and Thursday would be good for me.

I would be open for just about anything for a second day per month although since we would have one day for the campaign it may be nice to do something different for the second meeting. I would like to try other wargames such as good old SOBH. Board games could be good too. I have Memoir 44 which I have never played yet which I would love to try.

I would like to meet at other members' homes like we used to do. I would like to host a game day on a weekend at my house, possibly a Saturday. This would allow us more time to play than evenings, especially since I live in Bolingbrook and it would take time for people to make it to my place. (I would also like to host a Halloween season game. I will keep you up to date on that.)

Michael

Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Postby Jackswift » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:53 am

Definitely interested, though I am not sure how often I would be able to attend with work the way it has been lately. If things calm a bit, I and definitely in.

Mon-Wed is better, but I can also probably do some Thursdays.

As to what to do, I would be interested in all of the above. I think some variety is good, so perhaps campaign play once a month until we get deeper into it, and then towards the end campaign both nights. We can always do multiple tables with different things, and in the grand scheme, I am easy if there is a majority preference, fine to go with that. Some dedicated hobby time is always a good thing as well.

Happy to attend at other member's houses and/or most likely host some.

Cheers,
JR

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:00 pm

Thanks for the input folks.

My answers would be.
1. Definitely interested in a second meeting the 4th week of the month. :D

2. Mon, Tues and Thurs could work. My preference would be Monday. Wed I'm not available. I'm not against folks gaming on weekends, but I would probably not attend as family stuff usually intervenes.

3. I'm open to allot of activities for a second night. My preference would usually be not to do campaign but as Jon says, it might be fun to do so near the end of the campaign. My current alternate Wargaming interests would be Grimdark Future and old school Necromunda. Always up for Fantasy or sci Fi skirmish of some type.

I've also been wanting to play Imperial Assault and Battlelore boardgames, both of which I have allot for.

Lastly, Im always up for a Hobby night.

I could perhaps be tempted into some other game/boardgame/etc as well.

4. Ideally I'd like to continue to host the first meeting of the month and do the second at someone else's home. If no one is up for hosting that second week I'd generally be available as a backup.
-Karl

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:02 am

1. I would like to attend game nights. I think twice a month would be good.

2. Monday or Thursday are both good for me. Tuesday is not.

3. I'm more interested in games other than KoW, but I would consider attending a hobby night.

4. I'm available to go elsewhere and I'm open to hosting.
-Tim

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:46 pm

All right folks,
Here's what I'm seeing works for everyone for a second monthly meeting.

4th Monday of the month

Playing something other than the campaign. Another game or Hobbying.

Located usually at another members home, though Karl's place is always available as well.

If that looks good does anyone want to step up and offer a location and activity for Monday September 26th?
-Karl

Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Postby Jackswift » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:44 pm

I can host at least some of the time for the second game night, but only starting in November. September and October are very busy months for me. I will not be able to make September 26th, and while I will try to attend both, it possible that I will miss one or both of the game nights in October.

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:10 am

Thanks for the heads up Jon.
I'm sure we'll get over to your place when you're ready. If you can make it to either October meeting we can probably arrange a campaign game if you want.
-Karl

Return to “Let's talk about games!”