Dark Age anyone?

Anything gaming related is fair game.
Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Dark Age anyone?

Postby Jackswift » Tue May 03, 2016 2:57 pm

I'm fairly sure this has come up before but I cannot remember the outcome. Is anyone interested in playing Dark Age? I have several of the rulebooks, and 3 or 4 armies (though much of it stlll needs paint). The ruleset is skirmish style and the core is not difficult to pick up. You don't need to buy the hardcover rulebooks if you don't want to as the core rulebook, faction details and cards, and other materials are free to download as well.

I have a warband worth of Dragyri, Core, Outcast, and a smattering of Brood, Skarrd and Forsaken models IIRC. The Outcasts, Skarrd, and Forsaken I would be up for trading or selling if someone needs/wants models as it is unlikely that I will get to them anytime soon. I know some of the group has some of these models thought they may have passed them on or sold them by now. As usual, proxy of models would also work fine if you don't have\want actual.

I've had interest in playing this for some time. If there is an interest level, I would be up for running some games to try out the system late summer, early fall. Gives time to paint up models for those who would need to. If the interest is there I will plan to get warbands for Core and Dragyri set and painted by then. Let me know, Jon

timlillig
Huemaster

Re: Dark Age anyone?

Postby timlillig » Tue May 03, 2016 3:18 pm

I would try it. I think I read the basic rules at some point, but I don't remember them except that maybe they use a D20 or are a bit like Confrontation. Not that I remember the rules for Confrontation...
-Tim

angron
Basecoated

Postby angron » Wed May 04, 2016 8:58 pm

It's a really fun game with great minis. There's a few of us that play Infinity that also dabble in it. Hit me up if you want to try it out.

timlillig
Huemaster

Postby timlillig » Wed May 04, 2016 11:15 pm

That would be cool.

By the way, what's going on with Chicago area Infinity? If you want to post about that or put your events on the calendar here, please do.
-Tim

Eilif
Toybasher

Postby Eilif » Thu May 05, 2016 10:48 am

I'd be willing to give it a shot.

What's the possibilities within Dark Age for proxying with Necromunda (or other) figs?
-Karl

Jackswift
Scratchbuilder

Postby Jackswift » Tue May 10, 2016 12:09 pm

Karl, most of the forces would not be too difficult to proxy using Necromunda or general post apoc figures (I think forsaken, outcasts, salt nomads, bounty hunters and even Prevailers would be fairly easy. We would have to assume some weapon substitution, but I have no issue with that as long as it is clear what is proxy for what. Most warbands do have some very large models on bigger bases though for the brute or larger monsters. Brood and core would even be doable using mutant or machine models (my post apoc Asian style robot warband for instance would work well for core).

I'll get started on painting up one of my forces and let you know when I am ready to go. Technically I probably already have a good proxy army to try it out using the afore mentioned force. It sounds like we have at least 4 interested players.

Return to “Let's talk about games!”